EOS out of Bayonne

Lefty1

i read somewhere in another thread that when you embark out of nj on the EOS, you take a bus to the ship? can someone explain this in more detail. also any suggestions if u decide to bring your own car there instead of limo service.

we are leaving in 8/08 - finally got my family to go on EOS - so just need some more pier information so i can decide, whether to limo it, or drive it.

There is an area you drive up to so you can drop off your luggage. Then you proceed to the parking area just behind the terminal. You pay for parking in advance ($16 per day including tax currently). Then its a short walk to the terminal where you check in, receive your seapass card and take your photo. Then you hop a shuttle from the terminal to the ship, hop off the shuttle and walk maybe 30 feet to the entrance to the ship.

We looked into a limo ($400 round trip) and decided we would just drive the 1.5 hours.

well that sums it up for me - we are coming from ny - we are a party of 9 and we would definitely need two cars if we were to drive versus one limo but u are right, if its too expensive for limo, may be worth it to drive. sound like bayonne is very organized that ny - i left on norweigan dawn out of ny and it was a nightmare - to me they are disorganized. at least in nj they seem to have a place to drop off luggage and that to me is a tremendous help.

I've left out of Bayonne a bunch of times and never had any problems. if you get there a little early and avoid the masses you will be on the boat in no time. They do an excellent job of keeping things spread out. The only down side as has been mentioned only one road in and out. If possible do a limo or if you are a large group do a van. It allows you as the trip organizer (which i assume you are) to answer the last minute questions and to make sure all the paperwork is in order.

I don't know if it is still a problem but I know there used to be reports of cars getting sprayed with paint at Bayonne. That would be one less thing to worry about if you use a limo service.

I've parked there twice and had no problems.

Bayonne is one of the easiest ports to park at. It is a pleasure and yes, you do take a shuttle bus to and from the ship.

I wish they had more cruises going to different ports from NY - it is so much easier then flying to get on the ship.

Just to add about the bus to the ship.As you enter the terminal you get a ticket with a number on it,that is the number of your bus when they start to call to board,starting usually with number one.

When you are coming off of the ship after the beautiful cruise your color will be called,again they the color of your debarking ticket will get you off the ship when your luggage is at the terminal and you will again board a bus to the terminal and no confusing or big crowds pushing to get bags.

We just came off the november 4th cruise.we docked at seven am and where off the ship[diamond member] at 0825.

ENJOY THE CRUISE

I posted this on the East Coast Departure board .. Maybe you can call and verify. The other option is the Best Western and you dont want to go there.

Ok, so I hope I was not given the wrong information but I was on the phone with the Country Inn and Suites in Newark and was told that they DO offer a park cruise deal. I was transferred over to the main reservations department and was told if I was leaving in January 2008 the cost would be $185. That would include the hotel room, breakfast, and two roundtrip shuttles to the cruise port. For an additional $15 I could get up to 8 days of parking.

http://www.countryinns.com/webExtra....lCode=NJNEWARK

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi,

We are cruising out of Bayonne on Dec. 14th. We would have needed 2 cars, coming in from Pa. With gas, tolls and the price to park the cars, it was about the same price to take a limo. Found a limo co. that is charging us $400 r/t. So why not go in style? I'm almost as excited about taking the limo as I am the cruise !

Sheryl

Archived