Question: Cab at Waterloo

arawak

My wife and I will be on the Jade May30 doing the Wesern Med out of Southampton. When we return to Southampton, we plan to take the train to Waterloo and go by cab to a B&B in North London since it is difficilt for us to manage on the tube with our luggage. A black cab would be too expensive, but how do we get a mini cab at Waterloo station? I believe you have to phone for one, and how would they identify us if we did that?

Anyone got any idea if we can use a mini cab and how to get it?

Thanks.

Arawak

If you want to arrange for a minicab to pick you up at Waterloo, you'll have to make meeting arrangements with them when you make the booking with them. There are lots of places where you could meet, but you'll have to remember to be very specific - Waterloo is a big station. Also try to get the driver's mobile number from the minicab company so you can call him if you need to - at least one of the big minicab companies has a standard procedure of texting you the cab's registration number and the driver's phone number just before the arranged pickup time so that you can make direct contact.

You don't have any of these hassles, of course, if you get a black cab, as you can just jump into one at the cab rank. They're not necessarily more expensive than a minicab, and even when they are, they're usually not much more expensive.

Archived