Quality Suites Millbrae

kenexx

Does anyone have any opinions on the above property. Its at 250 El Camino Real in Millbrae. Is this a good or bad area?

The reviews on Tripadvisor dont seem too bad. I'm attracted by what seems to be the large rooms and parking. It is also near to BART.

We are looking at probably spending about 5 nights in SFO before our Dawn Princess trans Pacific.

Maurice

Been enjoying your posts on Australia -- we are on the Sapphire SYD/LA Apr. 14, 2008.

If you are staying 5 nights in SFO, my suggestion is that you try Priceline choosing max * (4*?) for the San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Area. You cannot go wrong with anything you get there. Or use 5* in Union Square Area. Staying IN San Francisco is a must to really enjoy your stay. SF itself has terrific public transportation but going back and forth from Milbrae will be inconvenient to make the most of your stay. If you have more questions, keep posting here. My email address is karachi at speakeasy dot net. Enjoy!/Sultan

Does anyone have any opinions on the above property. Its at 250 El Camino Real in Millbrae. Is this a good or bad area?

The reviews on Tripadvisor dont seem too bad. I'm attracted by what seems to be the large rooms and parking. It is also near to BART.

We are looking at probably spending about 5 nights in SFO before our Dawn Princess trans Pacific.

Maurice

Hi Sultan

Thanks for your reply. We have been to SFO many times so seeing things in SFO itself is not such a priority this trip. We will probably be looking at things this time more outside the city. Thats why we are not worried about staying near the airport. We will have the car so getting around is no problem. I'm attracted by the large room which will give me more space to pack all the stuff I'm planning on buying to bring back on the Dawn :D

You'll love the trans Pac on Sapphire - we did it this year.

Maurice

Milbrae and the surrounding towns -- Burlingame etc., are quite safe suburbia.

Going South, if you have not taken a drive down Highway 1 (Coast Road) all the way via Carmel to Big Sur, I highly recommend that. It is a long all day trip. Another all day worthwhile trip is Yosemite. The other place to visit that is often not on many tourist lists is Stanford University (about a 30 min drive from Milbrae). The campus is open to visitors and there are metered parking available all over the campus. Going North, the two winery areas, Sonoma and Napa. If you decide to go to Sonoma, then Cyrus (Michelin 2*) in Healdsburg for dinner is worthwhile -- a bit pricey but then not as expensive as the highly rated Sydney Restaurants. Enjoy your visit. /Sultan

Hi Sultan

Thanks for your reply. We have been to SFO many times so seeing things in SFO itself is not such a priority this trip. We will probably be looking at things this time more outside the city. Thats why we are not worried about staying near the airport. We will have the car so getting around is no problem. I'm attracted by the large room which will give me more space to pack all the stuff I'm planning on buying to bring back on the Dawn :D

You'll love the trans Pac on Sapphire - we did it this year.

Maurice

Archived