Birth Certificate

TEMPLE

Ok we are going on the Triumph next Saturday and in conversation with my aunt she said her birth certificate was a wallet size. I had never saw one like that before so i was a little worried she may have problems boarding the ship. It has a raised seal on it and is from Vital records in South Carolina where she was born so I'm thinking it's ok. She has used it at the dmv to get her license. Is anyone familiar with these? It was issued in 1975 so i'm thinking that may just be how the were back then. She is panicking now.

Ok we are going on the Triumph next Saturday and in conversation with my aunt she said her birth certificate was a wallet size. I had never saw one like that before so i was a little worried she may have problems boarding the ship. It has a raised seal on it and is from Vital records in South Carolina where she was born so I'm thinking it's ok. She has used it at the dmv to get her license. Is anyone familiar with these? It was issued in 1975 so i'm thinking that may just be how the were back then. She is panicking now.

It sounds like an official issued document so it will be fine.

U.S. citizens must present proof of citizenship in the form of a passport (valid or expired for less than 10 years), original birth certificate, state-issued certified copy of a birth certificate from the Department of Health and Vital Statistics, or original Naturalization papers.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_travel_document.aspx

Sounds like the right thing to me...

Nothing in the Travel Docs section of Carnival's webpage says anything about lamination:

U.S. citizens must present proof of citizenship in the form of a passport (valid or expired for less than 10 years), original birth certificate, state-issued certified copy of a birth certificate from the Department of Health and Vital Statistics, or original Naturalization papers.

Contact Carnival now and ask them, if they are clueless then ask to speak to a supervisor.

Fred

Just called PVP and she said the thing they look for is the raised seal. She said alot of states do the wallet size cards and are laminated. You can feel the raised seal even through her lamination so she should be good.

But now my aunt just ordered a new normal sized one over the phone and should be here in 4 -5 business days just in case.

Thanks all

Nothing in the Travel Docs section of Carnival's webpage says anything about lamination:

Contact Carnival now and ask them, if they are clueless then ask to speak to a supervisor.

Fred

Right Fred....as I said, my laminated copy was not state issued, but issued by the city that I was born in, so double whammy there. I'm no expert, but I did take the advice of my TA and did not try to use the laminated copy. It did have a raised seal also. It's always better to be safe than sorry. I'm happy to hear the full sized one was ordered. :)

We are sailing on December 9th. My DIL also had a laminated wallet size birth certificate. I was nervous about it so I called Carnival to inquire and was told by the representative that Carnval will NOT accept the wallet size birth certificate and that it had to be an "original" issued by the state.

I would advise anyone who likes to cruise to get a passport asap. They will soon be required (the date keeps being pushed back so I'm not sure when that starts) and then you don't have to worry about if they will or won't accept this or that identification. DH and I got ours early this year and we're done, for 10 years anyway.

I would advise anyone who likes to cruise to get a passport asap. They will soon be required (the date keeps being pushed back so I'm not sure when that starts) and then you don't have to worry about if they will or won't accept this or that identification. DH and I got ours early this year and we're done, for 10 years anyway.

I agree, but at this point, it would be wise to wait until Jan 08 to apply, so you can get the full 10 years.

My daughter has one and so do I. We are from Florida and as long as they were issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics from your home state, it's a certified copy of your birth certificate and is just as legal. It does have the state raised seal on it.

Don't worry, we have used ours every time with no problems.

Archived