Hurricane Ivan Information

CruiseFever

We will pray that it will weaken as it hits Jamaica and Cuba and that going over the land will take it out into the gulf more and no matter what it will totally miss Florida! Let's be positive! There is still plenty of time for it to change course. Blessings to you all in Florida. I am in New England but my family is in Orlando. Plus we are hoping to go on our cruise on the 25th of Sept.

[quote name='Lidi']We will pray that it will weaken as it hits Jamaica and Cuba and that going over the land will take it out into the gulf more and no matter what it will totally miss Florida! Let's be positive! There is still plenty of time for it to change course. Blessings to you all in Florida. I am in New England but my family is in Orlando. Plus we are hoping to go on our cruise on the 25th of Sept.[/QUOTE]
We still hoping to get on board of CP 9/11/04 . All this week I am a nerveous reck. All I do is watch the weather. Let's pray.

:) I am right there with you Isabella, we are to be on the CP 9/11/04 and still plan on heading for FL soon.....Praying is always good...Hope to see you on board...

CAT

[quote name='ISABELLA']We still hoping to get on board of CP 9/11/04 . All this week I am a nerveous reck. All I do is watch the weather. Let's pray.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Jeff and I are going to give it the old scout try and hope we can get to Florida to get on ship. The remnants of Frances are hitting us now, already lost electric once. TA talked to Princess and then called us. It looks like we will be doing Western and following Ivan by about 2 days. Also might be able to stop at Princess Cays, it might be cleaned up by Sunday. My main worry is dealing with airports, rained out Philly at this end and Ft Lauderdale on other end. Does anyone know if the Florida airports are operating at regular capacity?

Angie

Chris, is there a way to find out the "[b][i][u]revised itinerary[/u][/i][/b]"? From the Princess web site, this is all I saw.

[b]Golden Princess is currently sailing on her revised Southern Caribbean itinerary, and the ship's routing is anticipated to avoid the effects of Hurricane Ivan.[/b]

-that doesn't give the details. I'm not cruising on the Golden until next month, 10/10, but am anxious to keep up with the news/changes. If you know where this info can be found, I'm sure others would be interested too. Man, those folks in the Caribbean are in for a rough ride!

Thanks!
-Dave

Salty Dog and Sue--thanks for the ice cream offer, I will let you know when to start delivery. LOL. SD--they can't say this isn't cruise related, I am doing this so I can cruise more! :rolleyes:

Just looking at the timing of this storm I would guess the 9/11 cruises will leave on time. Where they will go is an unknown at this point. Depends on where Ivan wants to go. The poor cruise lines must be going nuts right about now!

Angie--where do you live in Reading? I grew up there. If you can get to Phili you should be able to get into Ft. L without a problem. Do you drive or take the communter? Power is back on as of last night in Ft. L and I would think the airport would be operating normally.

TinaLee--that is how I felt last week. LOL

The weather channel just had an update they must have gotten early showing 8pm........must have been an intermediate advisory..........

Winds now up to 145mph..........hurricane warnings for Aruba and expect a direct hit on Jamacia sometime tomorrow.......

They think the likely track is the center of the track which would eventually take it in the gulf.......or west of center.......which could also take it in the Gulf or hit eventually the Yucatan............

There is also a wobble.......causing it right now for the past few hours to be going due west.

Right now I am actually living in the northwestern corner of Berks County right off I78. I was raised outside of Reading in Bernville, which is now considered part of the burb's. You wouldn't even recognize the area anymore. They finally finished the 222 connector and built lot's of shopping centers. I'm driving the kid's to school Friday morning and then we're leaving for the airport. Should take about 2 hours if the weather cooperates.
Angie

Has anyone heard that Ft. Myers is a destination for Ivan? I heard it at choir practice tonight but hadn't heard that before then. Earlier today the foot doctor for our facility,who is a ham operator, said that our local EOC is thinking New Orleans. So, we have Ivan all over the Gulf at this point.
I've been using the term shell-shocked for the last couple of days myself, especially when our building is used as a shelter for children and families of the Employees. I'm not eager to jump right back into that situation. This last week has been like an emotional rollercoaster-up, down, around, loops, etc. It's worse than trying to stand up without rocking after a cruise! Kind of off balance.
I saw your 5PM graphic, Sue. We're still in that "bubble". My son in Cincinnati is getting rain remnants from Frances and my father in Toronto will get it by the end of the week. Lynne

LOL!! I won't ever give up hope!! I cleaned out the water barrels, and everything is as it sat last weekend. It will probably still be there when I cruise in October!! Just think, next year it will be second nature to go thru this!! :eek: I wonder, with all the signs blown down, I could find one that says Ft Myers, and put it on Cuba, and point it out to sea!!! Maybe that would work. I don't want anyone to get this one either!! :(

Sue, that would be a nifty idea to point the sign in the opposite direction! Or, like in South Dakota there is a place called Wall Drug. There are signs all over the world with mileage to there, like 5005 miles to Wall Drug, ie.We could get a sign and point it away from us and have it point to Ivan in the middle of nowhere!!! LOL
I'm getting punchy now! I'm glad we still have a sense of humor--until it turns this way-but hope it doesn't! Lynne

Guess we'll just leave our house boarded up until after the cruise on the 25th! Still [B]no[/B] power but we do have cold showers. :eek: Boy do we need this cruise :D Don't care where it takes me just need to be on board. :)
Be safe to all fellow Floridians

I've been watching Weather Underground for their 5 day forecast. They just now posted a new map, showing landfall for the first time in Florida, near (I believe) Tampa/St.Pete/Sarasota area, or maybe a bit south of that. Please forgive me if I have the cities a little off (I'm out here in CO), but it is the middle gulf coast of FL, on Monday. So sorry...it looks a lot like a Charley repeat, or perhaps a little further north. Leave that hurricane paraphenalia up and re-stock on water and such, and stay safe!

[url]http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200409_5day.html[/url]

Here are 5 different models...3 of them showing FL as a most likely target.
[url]http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200409_model.html[/url]

Archived