Best way to attach luggage tags

emttl73

Just finished doing luggage tags with the Wal Mart laminating pouches, with extra clear plastic tape, and for good measure, located indestructible luggage tags from previous land tours, put a fresh piece of paper in them with our names, booking #, cabin #. They will be affixed to our luggage also.

B

I did the contact paper thing and stapled to my luggage at the pier and when my luggage arrived at my cabin, the tag was no where to be found. This time I'm getting the laminated luggage tags at Walmart. It's like the photo shown in another post except they come with a rubber loop that goes through a pre-made hole in the laminated pouch which you then attach to your luggage. I've used these for years for regular luggage tags and I've never had a problem with with them coming off.

One tip when you print your tags for these laminated pouches - reduce the size of your printed page to about 80% before you print. Then just cut out around the colored part, fold in half and it fits perfect in the pouch. The size difference is not noticeable and all the information is still large and readable.

I did the contact paper thing and stapled to my luggage at the pier and when my luggage arrived at my cabin, the tag was no where to be found. .

I wonder how they knew where to deliver it.

It must have stayed on long enough for that at least.

I had to track down a bag one time in lost and found because somehow the old type tags had come off.

I was really surprised at how many lost bags there were.

I am NOT going to pay for anything to attach my luggage tags! Sorry! That would buy a (cheap) beer once on board!

Printed mine this morning (at work) with a color laser printer (on regular paper). I will fold and cover with clear packing tape.

I'm sure I read in someone's review that they went to all this trouble to laminate their tags and attach them, and when they got to the port, the porter pulled out his knife, sliced them off and attached his own.

I mean, wouldn't these big, laminated tags that are wrapped around the handle really be a pain (perhaps literally) for the luggage handlers?

I printed a couple of extras into which I will punch a hole, insert a strong rubber band, and attach to the suitcase somewhere other than the handle. I may even just tape it directly to the case with clear tape.

I am NOT going to pay for anything to attach my luggage tags! Sorry! That would buy a (cheap) beer once on board!

They have cheap beer:confused:

We did e-docs with Princess and they sent us luggage tags (which are like the airlines) to us. Wonder why Carnival is eliminating them all together:confused:

Last drink menu I saw, Coors Light was still $3.75! And I actually like Coors Light in hot weather (plus I "cut" it with unsweetened lemonade). Very refreshing.

So, yeah, spending $5 on something to laminate my luggage tags ain't gonna happen! :p

Last drink menu I saw, Coors Light was still $3.75! And I actually like Coors Light in hot weather (plus I "cut" it with unsweetened lemonade). Very refreshing.

So, yeah, spending $5 on something to laminate my luggage tags ain't gonna happen! :p

I spent $2.88... If I could find a beer on board for $2.88 I'd forget the tags, too!!!

;)

Printed ours on "picture" quality paper, fold as instructed and attach to luggage with plastic zip ties. Works great and are stronger than the usual tags.

This is what we did, used the photopaper,very strong. Taking double faced tape along to attach to the luggage when we need to do that. We fly out of Mpls to Miami before sailing.

Should hold up, we'll let you know

Whew ok forgive me.......I thought you were a beer drinker:p

Unfortunately, in my mid-old age, I'm now such a lightweight that if I drink much alcohol during the day, out in the sun, I end up with a nasty headache. Just isn't worth it any more. Sigh.

Doesn't matter. I'm still not going to spend a dime on my luggage tags! It's the principle of the thing, you know? ;)

Yeah... I'd be a bit worried about the paper things getting torn off in that mangle of thousands of bags that they have to drag on board the ship.

Guess I'm just living on the edge with my paper & tape. Let me know if you see any untagged luggage in your hallway on Splendor, will ya, Host Mach?! ;) It might be mine! :eek:

Enjoy the evening, all.

Another luggage tag question... I printed mine out on my laser printer, which is black and white. Do I need to print the tags in color?

Sorry I didn't see this earlier...

Nope... you don't need color. All the information required is in the bar code on the tag. The color is just pretty. If you care, they print out as one of two colors, a pale blue and a kind of salmon color.

$5 was worth the peace of mind for me. I'd rather spend $5 than either worry about not getting my luggage or (heaven forbid) have the tags rip off and not get my luggage at all.

Personal choice.

Yeah... on my last sailing we got a note in the cabins regarding missing luggage. There were four or five folks who didn't get their bags that first day. I hope they were eventually located.

Archived