Bon Voyage Wine Selection

Psoque

Hi. I never tried to figure this out, but I'm wondering anybody has thought about this and figured this out.

Do you know if the wine and liquor selection for Celebrity "Bon Voyage" selection is reasonably priced? What I mean is that, compared to a passenger buying something comparable on board for consumption in the dining room, are the Bon Voyage wines and liquors priced better/worse/about the same?

How does the pricing on Bon Voyage wines compared to, say, buying myself a couple of comparable bottles of wine, taking them on-board (as they are allowed), then paying $25 per bottle corkage fee?

I read in another board and for another cruise line, it sometimes makes sense to buy yourself a couple of Bon Voyage wines, since their Bon Voyage selection is good, and you save money that way (no 15% service charge, and for that cruise line, the Bon Voyage wine prices were better than on-board celler prices, for some unknown reason).

Has anyone bought yourself a Bon Voyage wine/liquor on Celebrity ships? I would be very curious in knowing if this is a good option.

We've ordered the wines a number of times and have enjoyed them. We usually stick to the chardonnay and cabernets, even Celebrity's own signature brand is decent and the price is okay. Saves carrying the extra baggage.

Also have done the liquor packages and found them to be a little high but, again, worth it in not having to carry anything on board. One problem we did run into was on Galaxy last March. We didn't order the premium package and looked forward to Stoli vodka. When we requested it, they didn't have it available on the ship for the packages. Not a good move! We ended up with a lesser blend and hubby wasn't too happy about that. This time around we'll order the premium package, as in the past, and know they only have 3 brands on that list and they better have the Grey Goose. That was the best one yet.

Again, it's all in what you want to do. If you feel you don't want to run the risk of having your liquor "confiscated" at the pier (could happen, not usual but it has happened, we've seen it being done), then order away. In San Juan there is a duty free store right at the check-in counter, inside the passenger waiting area, and they push their liquor sales while you're waiting to board. That's always a possibility but, better safe than sorry and upset about not having what you like with you for the entire cruise.

True, there is the 15% incentive also:D

Archived