Should I preorder wine or wait?

PrincessCruisingForever

Hi Princess;

As far as I know, you can pre-order for delivery to your room, but not for dinner. Princess cruises has a decent wine list at reasonable prices. Service in the dining room is good and you can pre-order for the next night while in the dining room. Just tell your server what you want, and it will be waiting for you the next night. If you don't finish the bottle, (I cannot imigine that!), they will save the remains for you for the next meal. Princess does not offer any "wine package", like some other lines, but their prices are more reasonable overall.

Fair winds

Dave

here's a link to what is available for pre-order and delivery to your room (actually they just deliver a card and then you call room service)

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/diet.fitness/11/19/too.much.salt.ap/index.html?iref=newssearch

the card will say you can redeem it at any bar, but i had trouble with getting a bottle of champagne that i pre-ordered and wanted to enjoy at the aft bar during a sailaway.

princess has a nice wine list with some very reasonably priced wines. there is also a special maitre d' list available on request.

Yes, yes, you can pre-order. You get a "voucher" in your cabin, then just present it at dinner. One thing this does, is you do not have to pay the extra 15% on the bottle, plus you can "manage" your on board account byu prepaying for some things if you like.

That said, the "preorder" list is a very short version of the wine list on board. I don't know why this is. Since every ship has exactly the same wine list, I would think you could preorder anything.

Here is the list of wines you can preorder. The prices include gratuity.

Here is the wine list I posted earlier this month that I receive from Princess. Prices and availability are subject to change according to the rep who sent it to me.

It looks like the prices are better for most of the preorder wines since they include gratuity and are just $2 more per bottle than the wine list prices. For instance, the Seghesio Zinfandel is $38 a bottle vs. $36 on the wine list, but the $38 includes gratuity and the $36 does not, which means it will end up costing $41.40. But preordering wines as a gift for yourself would mean being satisfied with the limited selection and knowing what you'll be in the mood for on the ship.

Would anyone have a copy of the wine list that you would order off of from the dining room? I will be sailing on the Emerald in January and I was wondering if it is cheaper to preorder wine or to wait until I am on the ship and order it then. Thanks.

NOTHING is cheap on a cruise ! Get rid of that notion. :rolleyes:

CIAO,

Archived