Movies on the Volendam?

NextOne

I confess, I love movies! What movies has the Volendam shown lately? We sail Monday and I can't wait!!!:)

Thanks!

Have a GREAT cruise aboard her!!! :)

I must confess that I didn't pay much attention to the movies. HOWEVER, I did notice that they were showing (among other things) the latest Harry Potter flick. I didn't see it (since I've already seen it). The only time I ever bothered going to a movie aboard ship was on one of my longest cruises (21 days) and I was just tired of all the other "routine" and wanted to do something simple and quiet during the evening. The movie was showing, so I went.

Thanks, revneal. I rarely get a chance to see movies at home, so seeing them on the ship is a real treat for me. But I HAVE seen the Harry Potter flick, so I'm hoping for others. Does anyone else remember what they're showing?

Thanks, revneal. I rarely get a chance to see movies at home, so seeing them on the ship is a real treat for me. But I HAVE seen the Harry Potter flick, so I'm hoping for others. Does anyone else remember what they're showing?

They've probably changed up some of them since I was aboard ... but ... when I get home today I'll get my daily programs and look through them. They should be listed there.

The November 3 sailing movies:

HMC - Mr Brooks - 10 am, 8:15 pm, and 10:30 pm

At Sea - Ratatouille - 8:15 pm and 10:30 pm

Aruba - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - 6 pm and 9 pm

Aruba - Evening - "The Big Screen Movie" at 6 pm and 8:30 pm in the Frans Hals Lounge

Curacao - Mr Bean's Holiday - 10:30 am, 2:30 pm, 8 pm, and 10 pm

At Sea - A Mighty Heart - 8:15 pm, 10:15 pm

Panama Canal - License to Wed - 10:30 am, 2 pm, 6:30 pm, 8:15 pm, and 10:15 pm

Costa Rica - Pirates of the Caribbean - 1 pm and 8:15 pm

At Sea - The Simpsons Movie - 8:15 pm and 10:15 pm

At Sea - Nancy Drew - 8:15 pm and 10:15 pm

Not a nautical movie in the bunch. :(

All of these films were also showing, the next day, on in-cabin TV.

And, it's interesting to compare the films that were on my cruise compared to the films that were on the following cruise.

I, too, love movies and look forward to catching up on recent ones on my cruise. I have an unscientific, but pretty accurate, way to get an idea of what movies will be on an upcoming cruise. A few weeks before the cruise I go to a few airline websites, and read the onboard entertainment movies for the upcoming month....they're usually the same movies that end up being on the criuse, give or take a few.

Thanks, all! It looks like an interesting variety - just what I was hoping for. I remember when we were on the Maasdam and they showed "About Schmidt". People were sitting in the aisles for that one!

I appreciate all your help, and I'm almost packed for our flight tomorrow. We "chickens" are deciding whether to have a "Live from the Volendam" thread - not that we could do nearly as well as you & Brian did, Rev. If not, we'll file reports when we get back.

Happy cruising!

Edi, a proud lunatic chicken

Thanks, all! It looks like an interesting variety - just what I was hoping for. I remember when we were on the Maasdam and they showed "About Schmidt". People were sitting in the aisles for that one!

I appreciate all your help, and I'm almost packed for our flight tomorrow. We "chickens" are deciding whether to have a "Live from the Volendam" thread - not that we could do nearly as well as you & Brian did, Rev. If not, we'll file reports when we get back.

Happy cruising!

Edi, a proud lunatic chicken

Edi, you mean you wont all be waving your bathing suits in the air from the beach at HMC? ;) I love that picture.

The Cruise of the Lunatic Chickens sounds like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to reading all about it.

Joanne

Edi, you mean you wont all be waving your bathing suits in the air from the beach at HMC? ;) I love that picture.

The Cruise of the Lunatic Chickens sounds like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to reading all about it.

Joanne

I think most of us chickens (lunatics included) would all be chicken chickens if it came to whirling our suits overhead. HMC is a wonderfully beautiful place, I'd hate to ruin it by skinny dipping! :p

Edi, good job at seeking out the movie titles.....we had a great selection on the Westerdam in February, the ones I could stay awake for at least! Can't wait for all of chickens to come "home" to roost!

Joanne

Sorry - this group of chickens is inhabiting the pink cabana, not the RED one!:D But after a few froo-froo drinks, who knows????

Thanks for the good wishes!

Archived