Airport Hotels Ft. Lauderdale

snoopy124

There are so many different comments that I have been reading.

Does anyone know anything about the following three hotels. I need a hotel for the night before we leave for the cruise from Ft. Lauderdale

Hilton Garden Inn

Candlewood Suites

Ramada Inn

Thanks

Does anyone know anything about the following three hotels. I need a hotel for the night before we leave for the cruise from Ft. Lauderdale

Hilton Garden Inn

Candlewood Suites

Ramada Inn

Thanks

I can't answer you about the hotels you mentioned.. but I have read nothing but good reviews on the Florida board about the hotel I am posting in the link. We will be staying there in 09 once I can book it.

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ985&propId=985

Our Cruise is on 1/12/8. Our flights just got changed yesterday, we were arriving on the 12 but the change in flights made us have to arrive the day before which is ok with me. What hassel with the AA. I called La Quinta on Hollywood and they are completely booked. We ended up woth Days inn on Broward. They have breakfast and free shuttle from airport and to the port the morning of. Good LUck.

I will be staying at the Ramada- airport in January. I have read both good and bad reviews about it. I feel it is for 1 night and if it has a bed and bathroom I am fine. Anything over that will be wonderful. Supposed to have: open bar, shuttle both ways and full breakfast. All included.

Hi There,

Having stayed in the Ramada, it had new fittings, great TV loads of channels, big clean bath room, our room had two beds.

As we had been traveling for a day and a half , we just went straight to bed,

in the morning in day light, other half got up, found bed to be clean,

I got up to find large bites on me, looking in bed , I wish I had not looked, it was the worest hotel bed I have ever seen, dirty sheets, stains, blood, bits yuk,

As to the carpet we had to wear shoes as things were moving on it.

yours Shogun

Hilton Garden Inn

Candlewood Suites

Ramada Inn

Thanks

Take a pass on the hotel on the bottom of your list. Trust me.

What about the Sheraton at the airport? We have some points we could use for that. It seems pretty close to the airport - we have an early morning flight out. Thanks

It's nice and it's close to the airport and not far from the cruiseport. The only downside is your a captive audience. Nothing nearby to walk to in terms of restaurants or shops. Cab needed to go anywhere. You can however have a local pizzeria or chinese restaurant deliver to the hotel. With points, I wouldn't hesitate staying there.

Relying on your comment I'm cancelling my overnight at the Ramada.

PLEASE HELP WITH ALTERNATIVE.

Single senior woman arriving FLL 11 PM January 15 after flight from LAX - need convenient (airport) for overnight prior to boarding cruise next day.

Would like a glass of wine after check-in, maybe even a light snack in safe, clean hotel, perhaps with breakfast -- ideally no more than $200.

Do not need cruise parking or shuttle -- can pay my own taxi.

I hate to pay $300 for short term stay which is price quoted by Hilton Airport.

Can you give me any help? Will be eternally grateful! Thanks in advance.

Single senior woman arriving FLL 11 PM January 15 after flight from LAX - need convenient (airport) for overnight prior to boarding cruise next day.

Would like a glass of wine after check-in, maybe even a light snack in safe, clean hotel, perhaps with breakfast -- ideally no more than $200.

Do not need cruise parking or shuttle -- can pay my own taxi.

I hate to pay $300 for short term stay which is price quoted by Hilton Airport.

Try Extended stay america got it on Southwest airline hotels sight for $94+ Jan. 11, 2008 Very save area but a no frills hotel.

My first choice for you would be the brand new Hyatt Place off of SE 17th Street http://ftlauderdaleairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

unfortunately the lowest price room is $237, but the location and ambiance can't be beat. We could find a lower price room at the airport but that glass of wine and snack might be hard to come by unless you stay at a full service hotel but then the rates go through the roof again.

Upon your recommendation - I've booked the new Hyatt Place and the rate you quoted is correct.

FYI -- the rooms are completed -- but GALLERY (public areas, wine bar and food) are to be ready by Christmas day.

These services are important to me considering the price, so I was assured I could cancel without penalty 24 hours prior to arrival.

I'll check with them about January 5 to be sure they will be ready for my arrival January 15.

Sounds great Bequia -- I knew I could count on you !!!

Thanks!!

Upon your recommendation - I've booked the new Hyatt Place and the rate you quoted is correct.

FYI -- the rooms are completed -- but GALLERY (public areas, wine bar and food) are to be ready by Christmas day.

These services are important to me considering the price, so I was assured I could cancel without penalty 24 hours prior to arrival.

I'll check with them about January 5 to be sure they will be ready for my arrival January 15.

Sounds great Bequia -- I knew I could count on you !!!

Thanks!!

I'm sure they will be because that is high season and they will lose money. If not, you could always asked to be 'walked' to the Hyatt Pier 66 for no additional charge. It never hurts to ask.

My first choice for you would be the brand new Hyatt Place off of SE 17th Street http://ftlauderdaleairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

unfortunately the lowest price room is $237, but the location and ambiance can't be beat. We could find a lower price room at the airport but that glass of wine and snack might be hard to come by unless you stay at a full service hotel but then the rates go through the roof again.

I need to stay 2 nights pre-cruise. How far from the beach and how is the pool for the kids at this Hyattplace? I am still leaning toward Pelican Bay Beach Resort(on water) but want to make sure I am making the right choice for our 2 precruise nights.

Archived