Question about Ecstasy re: bathroom

critti710

Do the rooms have bathtubs or showers only? We will be on the Ecstasy December 15 travelling with my seven year old daughter. She has never really done showering, and I am just wondering if I should start having her "practice" so that she will be prepared if there is no bathtub.

Cat 12s have tubs, not sure about 11s.

All other cabins have showers only, and it will most likely be a lot smaller than what you're used to at home!

Much, much smaller.

I'm not good with measurements but I'm thinking the showers are about 1/3 to 1/2 the size of a regular shower.

If she is used to baths I would start letting her get used to showering. I am a bath person and on longer cruises we usually book Cat 11 just for the bathtub. Now on shorter cruises I can deal with the shower for 4/5 days but I swear my laundry room sink is bigger than a shower stall on a cruise ship.

The bathrooms are 4' by 7', so the shower is 4' long and probably about 2' wide, not bad at all consider the size of the rest of the bathroom. You can actually get 2 people in there if you like each other!

I think the shower is actually bigger on the Ecstasy, the other Fantasy class ships I've been on the shower is configured a big different than the Valor pictures. The shower curtain doesn't have a 'bend' in the track, it's straight

across at the end of the bathroom so might be a bit bigger, and the toilet is on the other side of the sink area.

I was just on the Ecstacy a month ago. The Cat. 12's have whirlpool bathtubs. However, they are not very big. The other problem is, is that they are very high. I am a short person and I literally had to grab the handle on the other side of the bath and pull myself in. As far as I know, the 12's are the only one's with bathtubs on the Ecstacy.

My parents shower in their cabin was pretty nice. I guess size of it doesn't really matter, when ya need a shower, anything will do. :D

Just make sure your daughter stays away from the faucet because even if the water feels resonable to the touch the metal can on ocassion become very very hot.

My son accidently brushed up against the metal faucet on the Inspiration last year and recieved very bad burns on his back to the point they blistered.

Just an FYI-

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived