Help Sapphire Cabin D732 AC MS bed configuration

juggledude

We have booked minisuite, catagory AC on the Dolphin Deck, # D732 (aft, port side)......

The doc's, cruise personalizer, and any online information I can obtain, refer to this minisuite as having "twin beds, in twin configuration" .... the princess cruise personalizer goes so far as to state "unconvertable twins". As a happily married man, traveling with his wife of 13 years and 9 year old daughter, I am distraught to find myself in a sleeping arangement reminiscent of Lucy and Ricky Ricardo, circa 1957. I have called Princess no fewer than 6 times on this matter, and each time I am assured by the representative that while the computer for some mysterious reason will not allow them to configure this particular cabin as "Queen" , the matter will be easily resolved on board with a request to my cabin steward.

Alas, with yet another call to Princess due upon the 'morrow, I turn to you in this late hour to possibly shed some light upon this mystery..... Indeed, will the twin beds in D732 convert to a queen as in all the other minisuites, or is there some perverse design factor which will have me sleeping with a teddy bear to supply the needed cuddle factor, while I revert to a tirade upon the purser (on this sold out ship) to supply me with the promised sleeping arrangements?

this was originally posted on a thread for which the originator was onboard the Sapphire, 9/5 - 9/12.. hopefully srphnx can shed some light on this situation, but, in the spirit of cc, I beseech you all and one, does anyone have insight to this particular dilemma?

Any info would be appreciated, as I have the distinct feeling of a 'runaround' from the less than knowledgeable (understandably) staff at the princess 800 number..

Thanks in advance for your cc' help....

Juggledude

I checked the deck plan for the Sapphire, and D732 does not have the dreaded asterisk. Therefore, you have fallen victim to the glitch in the cruise personalizer. Your cabin can be configured with a double bed, and cuddle factors will remain precisely where you like them. Enjoy your cruise!

Not to worry. They always have that saying in regards to two twin beds. Everytime we have gotten on the ship the beds are made into a queen. Enjoy your cruise. By chance what cruise are you on. We are also a sold out ship leaving 10/2/04.

Marilyn

spnonge, marilyn,

thanks for the assurances, I have also heard from srphnx, who is currently onboad the Sapphire in AK, and who actually had the cabin steward open the cabin to check firsthand! he confirms that the beds do indeed convert.

Marilyn,

We opted for the first mexican cruise of the season and will be sailing on 9/22... 13 days, woot!

I have seen your 'roll call' thread, with hundreds of replies, and listened in enough to wish I was onboard with catmand, at least.

for some odd reason, our roll call has produced an astouding 4 couples sailing, only two of which show any inclination of posting on a regular basis, one of which may be cancelling due to her father going into the hospital!

sigh, if I didn't know better from booking records, i'd assume we were on a mostly empty ship, with the low turnout on the boards. I guess we shall simply luck out and get to sail with the last 3000 people in america who don't have internet access yet. I may or may not be checking email onboard, but if you have any specific questions, feel free to post them here, and if I do get around to it, I'll start an "onboard now" thread....

you may have to check for my replies while YOU are onboard, or we could just meet at the pier for a few quick words in passing...... lol.

Royce (Juggledude)

• 9 months later...

Archived