SF Cruise Terminal Update

Phamer55

Here's an article that was in today's SF Chronicle regarding the status of the new cruise terminal project. Things don't look so good, although that's not unexpected. They are predicting that Pier 35 will be lost in only about 5 more years because of termites, then there will be no more cruises to SF :(

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/12/03/MNVKTKK1B.DTL

We used to live in the Bay Area not far from San Ramon and love coming back. And how wonderful it is to sail out of San Francisco. We did that a few years ago. They have the opportunity to expand the cruising industry there and it would be ashame if they not only expand it but lose what they have. Thanks for posting this article.

Keith

Yes, it's great sailing out of SF. I've done one roundtrip Mexico cruise out of SF, a repo cruise out of SF to Vancouver, and a repo cruise from Vancouver back to SF. Also, a did a 1-night cruise to nowhere out of SF. These short repo cruises are great ways to check out different ships and fill my cruise fix. It will be a shame if they come to an end.

perhap s the cruise line s the use these port s will do as

carnival in FLL..and pay for the port area they intend to use

to harbor the 2 new genisis ship s..

but the politics of the SF will, im afraid, will scare just

about anyone away..look at what the 49er s intend to do :(

WE will sail out of San Francisco for an AK cruise in May 2008 - what's the best way to get from Antioch to SF? drive and leave car in a parking lot somewhere? is there one operated by the pier and if so, how much? shuttle? one way rental cars? I do not want to go on Bart - Thank You, Corkey

i would take a limo

we did that, it was the same price as parking a car there..

plus its more relaxing!!! you dont have to drive

call some limo places in the bay area and see what kind of rate you can get

i think it was 160 total for 6 of us

Yes there is parking right across from Pier 35-- right now I think it is $12 per day. Confirm that Pier 35 or Pier 27 is your departure and arrival pier. Pier 32 is out of the way. Assuming your cruise is RT SF-SF, in my opinion driving is best because you will avoid all the hassle of going back. And may be you may wish to spend a day in SF, stock up on water and wine, and relax for one night if you get a good deal on Priceline SF Wharf area.

WE will sail out of San Francisco for an AK cruise in May 2008 - what's the best way to get from Antioch to SF? drive and leave car in a parking lot somewhere? is there one operated by the pier and if so, how much? shuttle? one way rental cars? I do not want to go on Bart - Thank You, Corkey

I know or something ,, they can say its SF, but it will really be oakland

like how san pedro is listed as LA...

im just saying , because if you put oakland, cruisers will be like YEAH RIGHT welcome to the ghetto..

im not knocking oakland, we have lived there, but you know how the NEWS and TV is

im just saying , because if you put oakland, cruisers will be like YEAH RIGHT welcome to the ghetto..

im not knocking oakland, we have lived there, but you know how the NEWS and TV is

The San Pedro analogy is right on. It would work though....the state might kick in some money, they love to redevelop places like the Oakland waterfront. Maybe we could locate it closer to Alameda.

How about we locate one in Marin? ;) They'd love that!

The San Pedro analogy is right on. It would work though....the state might kick in some money, they love to redevelop places like the Oakland waterfront. Maybe we could locate it closer to Alameda.

How about we locate one in Marin? ;) They'd love that!

Oh yeah I agree!!!!

my son patrol s the oakland port alot on weekend s looking for

streetracer s..it would do good to develope the area into a tourist

attraction and bring more revenue to the city..he s Oakland PD

and normally patrol s the Fruitvale area during the week:mad:

They say that now....I saw a "Dinner Impossible" where Emeryville was called "just outside of SF" through the whole episode...and back in 89, one of the news services kept saying that the Cypress structure was in "a poor suburb of SF".

They say that now....I saw a "Dinner Impossible" where Emeryville was called "just outside of SF" through the whole episode...and back in 89, one of the news services kept saying that the Cypress structure was in "a poor suburb of SF".

how funny....

thats like when i try to explain to people the town i live in, i always say SF too, even though im 20 miles away.. ;)

Archived