NOLA Rental Cars?

skywalkr2

Hey there, I plan on driving from St Louis to NOLA port for the 12/24 Carnival cruise. I would like to save on parking buy renting a car in St Louis and dropping it off in NOLA, and then just getting a new rental afterwards and driving it back home.

Is that even possible? Anyone ever tried that? Is there even a rental car place close by the pier?

Hey there, I plan on driving from St Louis to NOLA port for the 12/24 Carnival cruise. I would like to save on parking buy renting a car in St Louis and dropping it off in NOLA, and then just getting a new rental afterwards and driving it back home.

Is that even possible? Anyone ever tried that? Is there even a rental car place close by the pier?

Sounds like a plan to me. I think the closest rental car place to the pier is Hertz, which has an office across from the Convention Center, which is right next to the pier. I don't know their hours - but you should be able to find that out. I think there are a couple other rental places on Canal Street, but that would be farther from the port. And of course there are many of them at the airport, but that's about 15 miles away.

We are trying Hertz in the convention center for our upcoming cruise January 6, 2008. I'll let you know how it went. The website says they are open on Sundays. I haven't confirmed that with a phone call yet. I'm hoping we can drop the bags, drop the car, catch Cafe Du Monde inside the mall there, and then walk over to the terminal.

Archived