Engine noise?

Simru12

We're on the Celebration at the end of the month and I have a quick question about engine noise.

We have a cabin at the back of the Main deck, which appears to be directly over the engines. Do these rooms get a lot of noise and vibration from the engine room?

Not that I'm that concerned about it. Just curious.

I had this cabin on the Paradise last month. I did hear some engine noise but it only bothered me the first night. I called it the "boom-boom room" ;) I found it kind of soothing after that.

I really liked looking out the back of the ship though...

Just Back from 11/26 cruise. Had cabin Empress215 (can't get any further back). Great trip.

I don't think it's engine noise you will be hearing/feeling as much as it will be vibration from the rotation of the props. As we were located directly above albeit 7 decks above we could still feel the vibration of the props and most definitely the thrusters when manuvering for docking.

I was up early and was on deck for the docking in Key West so the thrusters were not an issue. They were a bit more of a nuisance when returning to Jacksonville as they actually turned the vessel around before securing it to the dock. I just laid in bed through the process DW was up and watching out the window she did complain about headache when finished.

The prop vibration seemed to be more dramatic at night, but my theory on that is that I believe they back out of the throttle during the day to keep wind turbulance to a minimum on deck. I felt that as evening approached and folks began to head inside for dinner etc. they stepped on the gas to make up time. It was then that the vibrations became more pronounced and would last through out the night.

We actually found it fairly soothing and had no problem sleeping. As a matter of fact I don't remember the last time we slept so well.

It might become more of an issue the lower in the ship you go.

Hope this helps.

She's a great ship, Crew was wonderful, We were in the VISTA Diningroom and had Joseph "Mr. SHOWTIME" as our Maitred' he was the best!!!!!

Have a great trip

We're on the Celebration at the end of the month and I have a quick question about engine noise.

We have a cabin at the back of the Main deck, which appears to be directly over the engines. Do these rooms get a lot of noise and vibration from the engine room?

Not that I'm that concerned about it. Just curious.

YES VIBRATION, We had two cabins mine was mid-ship and my parents had aft main with the Vibration. nothing mid-ship. I like the main deck because thats where you Embark and Debark on the Celebration

The engines are more toward midships than they are aft. You will not hear ANY engine noise AT ALL.

What you will get is vibrations from prop cavatation. When entering or leaving port, reversing, or increasing speed, the propellers cut holes in the water [a vacuum] Water rushes in to fill these holes, causing vibrations. It is normal, natural and nothing to be at all concerned about. Some enjoy the vibrations, but they scare some people. Do not be scared, it is a normal happening. You feel it in the aft dining rooms too. Its just the ship and the ocean arguing about what goes where, they bicker all the time. Means nothing.

Dan

The engines are more toward midships than they are aft. You will not hear ANY engine noise AT ALL.

Vibrations won't bother me, and glad to hear (or not hear) about the noise.

Its just the ship and the ocean arguing about what goes where, they bicker all the time. Means nothing.

Dan

LOL Best explanation I've ever heard. Thanks Dan.

Archived