New here with questions :)

imfun888

Hello,

I am wanting to book a Royal Caribbean for June 2009. Do you know if the dates are out for June 09 yet? I was having trouble finding prices so I thought it might not be available yet.

I have only cruised Disney because I have 2 small kids. This June 09 cruise will be my parents, and my younger brother and his wife who do not have kids and are in their early 20's. I thought Royal Caribbean would have something for everybody.

On Disney the earlier you book the better price you get, is this the same for RC? I am needing 3 rooms so I am really trying to research the best way to get a good deal. Any tips for me?

Any ideas on the best ship for all three families. Older couple, couple with young kids and a young couple with no kids....

Thanks,

Heather

Welcome to Cruise Critic and RCCL. If they stick to what they have done the last couple of years the pricing for the remainder of 2008 and 2009 will open up late April/early May of 2008. Usually the prices are lower then but if you book and the prices go down then RCCL will refund the money as long as it is not a promotion for new bookings only.

Hello and Welcome...

Some quick thoughts for you:

> 09 itineraries are slowly becoming available. It varies by ship and destination. I just regularly check the RCI website and use the search filters there.

> Generally, the earlier you book the better in terms of prices and definitely cabin selection. Prices will fluctuate.

> Your experience will really depend on which RCI ship you pick. I think you really want to focus on Voyager and Freedom class for the features and amenities.

Key differences between Disney and RCI:

> Shows on Disney are great; not quite as good on RCI.

> Food and service are fairly even.

> No rotation dining on RCI.

> Castaway Cay blows away both of RCI's private destinations (which are still nice).

> Fountain soda is not included on RCI.

Thanks Patrick,

Iknow RC will be different from Disney but Iwanted something good for the whole family, also the prices were released for 9/09 Disney today and they have really jumped in price. Iam going this coming MAy with just my dh and kids. Ican't wait.

HAve you ever done a Princess cruise? This is the other cruise Iwas going to look into.

H

Hi.... Imfun ..........don't know if this is any help, but here goes........we have done quite a few cruises on almost all the lines and i have to say i LOVE rc...there is something for everyone. I have found lots of stuff to do for any age group..but one suggestion do the freedom class ships........these are royals new megaships with the flow rider etc....go on rc web site and go for a tour the h20 zone for kids as well as adults is amazing.......they have mini golf rock climbing walls skating rinks.......a promenade for shopping ..........etc etc...

Their ocean kids clubs are amazing, my boys loved it.....hard to get them away for dinner...

As for prices shop around, here are some web sites......and ps if you find a great deal on the web chances are your ta will match the price.......ours did he also gave us a rebate when the cruisefare went down.....

here are some sites to try

*****.com

incrediblejourneys.com

cruisecritic

booking early sometimes give you an advantage.. but if your not picky about your cabin......booking last minute sometimes gives you a better deal. keep checking cruise critic boards the people on here are pretty savvy about cruising ........someone will always have an answer to any questions you may have........

GOOD LUCK:D

Welcome to Cruise Critic imfun888!!! You've come to the right place to ask all your cruise questions. I'm still considered a "newbie" being that I just joined in May but some of our experts have already responded. Feel free to ask ANY question and these guys will be more than happy to help you. Welcome again and Happy Cruising!

Archived