Another luggage tag question

fergie1

We just received our package from Princess for our February cruise. Every other time we've cruised Princess they have sent six or so tags. This time we only received three. Should I contact Princess and request more, or just wait until we get to the pier and ask a porter? Thanks for any info you could give me.

fergie

We just received our package from Princess for our February cruise. Every other time we've cruised Princess they have sent six or so tags. This time we only received three. Should I contact Princess and request more, or just wait until we get to the pier and ask a porter? Thanks for any info you could give me.

fergie

Have you turned them over to make sure that you only got three? I ask because I was sure that we only got three and got the TA on the phone for more and the next day I was fiddling with the luggage tags and behold there was actually six.

:D

Mike:)

I have a different question. I've never sailed Princess before and would like to print labels before I get to the pier for my luggage tags. Can anyone tell me what to include and the order that the information should be on the label. My travel agent only issues e-tickets so I'm sure we won't get any luggage tags. I really don't want to spend time writing it all out at the pier.

Thanks

Even though you booked thru a TA, you still should receive a packet from Princess, that includes luggage tags, a book with info about excursions, a Cruise Answer book, and some forms.

The packet may have been sent to your TA after final payment, so you probably should check with her/him if you do not receive it directly from Princess.

Look at your luggage tags very carefully. We just got off of the Diamond last month and when the package came with the Cruise Answer book, the excursion book, etc. there were the tags. You think you would have only gotten 3 tags but sometimes they stick together and you actually have 6 tags. You will only get one package per household; for example DH and DW will only get one package.

Marilyn

Hint --> If your tags are colored on both sides, you are looking at six, not three. They really do have a tendency to stick until you squeeze them.
They also have a tendency to slide to the bottom of the packet so some people miss them completely because they don't shake the envelope or look in the bottom of the envelope.

I thought I didn't receive any. As has been stated here they were so thin that I didn't even realize they were still in the Priority mail envelope, look twice.

I thought the luggage tags were coming later until our friends that are going with us mentioned they only got 3 tags. That's when I double checked my envelope. I told them what I had read about the tags sticking together, haven't talked to them since then but I'll bet they have 6.

Thanks for the answers. I checked, nope not stuck together, checked the bottom of the envelope, nope no more there. Decided to call customer service. The lady there said, nope they only send three now and to get additional at the pier. Maybe they changed or maybe she only said that because three was all I received. It seems to me that the easiest way would be to send as many as they could to cut down on doing it at the pier when the porters are the busiest.

We drive to the port, so DW packs up the entire household. I just take a sheet of the tags I receive and scan them into my computer and then print as many as I need and attach them with clear tape. Works like a charm for the last 7 cruises.

fair winds

Dave

I thought I got three also. I called Princess and they sent me 3 more...that is I thought there were three and there were 6. Then I looked at the ones I had received earlier, and there was 6 there too.

Does anyone know if they are color coded for different decks?

My package contained white ones, and the new ones they sent are pink.

They should all be the same color. The color is for what ship you are on, not what deck you are on. They should also have an A or a F on it for Aft or Forward. Did you tell the Customer Service lady what ship you were on? It should also say the ships name on it. We are going on the Emerald Princess in January and everyone's tags are green with an A or F on them.

Thanks for the answer. Both sets say Coral Princess...the white ones must be the originals as they have the A. The pink ones must be generic...they have no letter on them.

Our friends that are traveling with us have green ones.

We only received one package. Had two Bahama's immigration forms, the cruise answer book and a book on all the shore excursions. So should we be looking for another mailing?

The white envelope with the cruise answer book etc, is the only mailing you will get from Princess. I also thought we only had 3 luggage tags, but double check and you will see you have six of them. They are a bit stuck together.lol

sue

Archived