My Experience with The Wedding Experience

Mich1121

I am using TWE for my wedding next week and have been very happy with them. We did not want friends/family spending a port day at our wedding (knowing some may not have a chance to visit again) and we didn't want the rush of an embarkation day wedding so we decided to get married at sea on Princess. As a result our only option was TWE and, while reading some of the negative posts on here about them I was a bit nervous at first, I can honestly say that they have been great. We have had great communication with our coordinators (yes, they have changed over the course of a year, but there were no issues when this happened) and we would not have chosen anything different for our wedding.

We feel like we have no choice but to use TWE (we don't want to). We want to do Grand Cayman, but what if the port gets missed? We're afraid if we don't use them and end up with a local company but our port gets missed we won't have a wedding! We honestly have no clue what to do....any suggestions?

We just got married on Grand Cayman - we didn't use the cruise ship (which was Disney BTW) just booked it independently with the Grand Old House - it was the most fantastic day.:)

....we had everything WE wanted (stretch limo, horse & carriage, harpist, fabulous venue, food to die for, our own photographer for 4 hours) , exactly as WE wanted ...at the fraction of the cost of doing a cruise ship wedding.

Practically every deposit/service we hired on the island was refundable and if not, certainly deferrable should we fail to make the date.

I could not recommend it enough - yes of course we had a 'plan B' should we be unlucky enough not to tender, .....we would have flown out a couple of months later and had a week's holiday (kinda win/win situation if you ask me ...who wouldn't want to HAVE to have another holiday on Grand Cayman !;) )..and of course it helped that we only had two other guests to consider..........

Grand Old House did an excellent job, and you could customise which ever package you had just as much as you liked.....plus you can have the choice of their beautiful pier, or a nearby small intimate beach, as the setting.

With all this negativity I'm getting nervous. I booked a wedding on Carnival to get married on the Ship in Miami on embarkation day. I haven't really dealt with TWE much. I still have to send in my paperwork and I only have about 5 or so people coming to the wedding so I don't have as much to complicate as others. None of them are sailing and we're not having a reception on board. It will just be a ceremony and then cake cutting.

So I guess my question is has anyone else had a SMALL simple wedding on embarkation day through TWE that went OK?? we sail in 50 days and I know we can't pull out now (too much money and we can't afford to lose ANY for cancelation fees). Is there anything I can do to prevent a lot of chaos happening?

With all this negativity I'm getting nervous. I booked a wedding on Carnival to get married on the Ship in Miami on embarkation day. I haven't really dealt with TWE much. I still have to send in my paperwork and I only have about 5 or so people coming to the wedding so I don't have as much to complicate as others. None of them are sailing and we're not having a reception on board. It will just be a ceremony and then cake cutting.

So I guess my question is has anyone else had a SMALL simple wedding on embarkation day through TWE that went OK?? we sail in 50 days and I know we can't pull out now (too much money and we can't afford to lose ANY for cancelation fees). Is there anything I can do to prevent a lot of chaos happening?

I'm getting married on Princess, but I have read quite a few reviews of embarkation day weddings on Carnival on this board. All of the reviews that I can remember reading were of a great wedding (even those who had challenges with TWE during planning).

I would suggest printing any emails and keeping detailed notes of your communications with TWE and take them all with you for reference. Then, relax and enjoy your wonderful day!

I would suggest printing any emails and keeping detailed notes of your communications with TWE and take them all with you for reference. Then, relax and enjoy your wonderful day!

While this is always sound advice, you have to realize that services that were not arranged due to incompetence, strike that, we'll call it oversight, simply just wont be available. It wont matter if you paid for them or they were just guaranteed as an add on.... If they aren't arranged, they wont happen.

Taking your correspondence is always a good idea, in case arrangements can be made at the last minute - but don't expect the documents to be able to make chairs, a cake, an arch, etc., appear out of thin air....

If anything does go wrong, the most you could hope for is to be able to make notes on the documents so that you can get a refund/write a letter of complaint, later.

Im not trying to be negative here, just adding a dose of reality. It doesn't mean your days is going to be ruined. I just wanted to point out that the correspondence is really just a bunch of words on paper....

A small, simple wedding on embarkation day - I think you are RR/TWE's dream bride!

My wedding was small -- on Princess. The only problem I had was with the license at the end. And the problem was caused my the on board ship coordinator. It was a mistake on his end. I just wish TWE had worked a little quicker. All in all it was an excellent experience. Communication was not greatest with TWE -- I got mixed answers to the same questions. But, in the end it all worked out fine. Enjoy your wedding and now that the end result, the marriage, will be wonderful!!!

ok so now I am really worried!!!!! Getting married at sea on Sea Princess in May, using TWE, having a small affair, have followed all their instructions re documents etc and...reading these posts is making me soooooo anxious!!! I have not heard from them recently re my at sea wedding, so should I be really worried??? Guess its too late to do anything about it now! Ah well I am turning up for the cruise, dress in hand and hoping for the best!

ok so now I am really worried!!!!! Getting married at sea on Sea Princess in May, using TWE, having a small affair, have followed all their instructions re documents etc and...reading these posts is making me soooooo anxious!!! I have not heard from them recently re my at sea wedding, so should I be really worried??? Guess its too late to do anything about it now! Ah well I am turning up for the cruise, dress in hand and hoping for the best!

Hi Sobral, I'm getting married Saturday :eek: aboard the Emerald and feel good about my plans. We only have 10 people total attending the wedding and cruising with us. Veronica from TWE called me about 2 weeks ago (it's supposed to be 60 days out but was more like 3 weeks out) with the confirmation paperwork, sent it to me, I checked it all for accuracy, initialled it and sent it back to her. I haven't had a lot of communication with TWE but what questions I have had, had been answered and confirmed. Your day will be great too! Enjoy it!

We're getting married Sunday at sea on the Grand Princess. Throughout the past year the only contact I really had with TWE was when I contacted them. All of those times they were very responsive and I was very happy. So, don't be worried that you haven't heard from them. I got my final call from Veronica about 3 weeks ago and it was an easy process (I had actually sent all my final paperwork in about a month or two earlier and confirmed that they got it, but that was it until the final call). Like breadgrrl, I feel very good about our plans.

I seem to see more issues on this board with Royal Caribbean and NCL (even though they are all TWE, they are different departments)----very few on Princess.

I was married March 1 aboard Carnival's Imagination. TWE planned my wedding, and it was awesome!! I posted a review a couple of weeks ago that you can probably find if you're interested, but I have absolutely no complaints about them.

I'm sorry that others aren't as happy with their experiences. But, I can say that TWE did NOT suck big harry donkey balls when it came to my wedding! :p

Every single one of my guests, as well as my hubby and I had a wonderful time.

And, no, I do not work for them nor am I a paid endorser (though I wish I was LOL)

Hello I feel the same way. I am getting married next year in May 2009. I wanted to work with Carnival because I want to do a cruise as part of the wedding plans. We have mostly children attending. SO I decided to go with Carnival as this was a good cruise for everyone wanting to go, we have different age groups attending from 1-70 yo. My experience withthe wedding experience has been at the most interesting. Yes, I am trying to be nice. I am one to do extensive research. I have researched Grand Cayman to the point I can probably give my own tours...lol. I found out where the wedding location will take place (The Grand Old HOuse) I wanted to cry. The package that I HAVE to get with Carnival is totalling up to $4500. Please be aware I questioned with TWE why am I paying for infants that will be on moms lap $26 to ride in taxi. They said that is the contracted price. I wanted to know why The grand old house info is less and I get more. They said that is what the government is making them pay. I asked why they got an attitude. I promise I am the most laid back bride you will ever meet. But I dont want to be charged double for less.

My question to you is the following. When I looked at the wedding setup for old house the wedding experience said I could not do a wedding with them becuase I was on the cruise. What cruise ship were you on. I was looking at the third package. what service did you use for yoour additional guest to get there from the boat. i have 6 children ages1-7 i have 4 preteens age10-12 i have 24 adults. i am not sure if hailing a taxi when we get there is the best. i like to have things organized an planned.

I also wonder if time is good we will be there from 7am - 1pm.

My biggest fear is the no tender issue. all info is greatly appreciated

Sassy, you'll be fine.

It sounds like your day doesn't really require any planning and that's what they're terrible at. You might get an apple pie instead of butterscotch cream, but if there is a TWE dream bride, you are it.

Especially since I think they need some more positive posters on the board that are actual people and not employees, lol.

Ryan

Sassy, you'll be fine.

It sounds like your day doesn't really require any planning and that's what they're terrible at. You might get an apple pie instead of butterscotch cream, but if there is a TWE dream bride, you are it.

Especially since I think they need some more positive posters on the board that are actual people and not employees, lol.

Ryan

If you search the board over the past year or so you will see that there are plenty of positive posters on the board that are actual people, including me. I just returned from my wedding cruise and will post a review soon, but we had no issues with TWE throughout the past year.

• 2 years later...

I am new to this board and posted previously on the general board. Some very helpful users directed me to this board. My fiancé and I are planning on cruising to our destination wedding aboard the NCL Epic on an Eastern Caribbean tour and plan to get married at a beach location on 11/11/2011 in Nassau.

I have to wholeheartedly agree with the old adage that "first impressions are lasting impressions". While I have some time to plan, I emailed the wedding experience to get some general information (to see what I was getting myself into). I contacted "The Wedding Experience"/TWE and received a response from a consultant which seemed like a pre-composed/general response. She sent me the information on wedding packages pretty quickly which I thought was a good sign. Although, when I started asking more detailed questions, her responses became very vague and were only one line responses. To make matters worse, she lacked proper usage of grammar and punctuation in her emails. This worried me to say the least. At first I thought I was being picky but then was reassured that this is a once in a lifetime experience and that I should expect no less than my dream wedding. I would think that if you deem yourself a "Wedding Consultant" you would be able to compose a professional email. Needless to say, this left a very bad impression on me and I am researching other wedding planners in the Nassau area.

I am so glad I found this forum before I booked our wedding ceremony through TWE. We all have our bad days but it seems like there is more bad than good with dealing with them.

This is great advice! Thank you :)

Here are my suggestions, although not knowing your specific plans I don't know how helpful they will be :)

First, my WC in St. Thomas will refund all but $200 of our money should the cruise itinerary change, even last minute after the cruise has begun. So, at least we won't be out the several thousand dollars we are paying. I realize that that still would leave me without a wedding, however, but I feel that I am better off taking that chance, rather than working with TWE.

Also, I would try to plan the date so that it is not during hurricane season, to lessen the chance that your wedding port stop will have to be cancelled.

Destination weddings are tough to plan, and there are a lot of "what-ifs," but just keep in mind that anything can happen at anytime, even if you had your wedding at home. It is just impossible to plan for everything that could possibly go wrong, and trying to do so will ruin the planning experience and make you nuts!

Just know that there really are some fabulous WCs around, so I wouldn't feel pressured to use someone you are not confident with. You also might wanna check out the boards on The Knot under Destination Weddings. They are extremely helpful and I believe there are currently some Cayman Island brides-to-be there too. HTH!

I am new to this board and posted previously on the general board. Some very helpful users directed me to this board. My fiancé and I are planning on cruising to our destination wedding aboard the NCL Epic on an Eastern Caribbean tour and plan to get married at a beach location on 11/11/2011 in Nassau.

I have to wholeheartedly agree with the old adage that "first impressions are lasting impressions". While I have some time to plan, I emailed the wedding experience to get some general information (to see what I was getting myself into). I contacted "The Wedding Experience"/TWE and received a response from a consultant which seemed like a pre-composed/general response. She sent me the information on wedding packages pretty quickly which I thought was a good sign. Although, when I started asking more detailed questions, her responses became very vague and were only one line responses. To make matters worse, she lacked proper usage of grammar and punctuation in her emails. This worried me to say the least. At first I thought I was being picky but then was reassured that this is a once in a lifetime experience and that I should expect no less than my dream wedding. I would think that if you deem yourself a "Wedding Consultant" you would be able to compose a professional email. Needless to say, this left a very bad impression on me and I am researching other wedding planners in the Nassau area.

I am so glad I found this forum before I booked our wedding ceremony through TWE. We all have our bad days but it seems like there is more bad than good with dealing with them.

You would be much better off with a local planner than with TWE. Yes I did and am still having nightmares with TWE so you could say I am bias against them. However, since our wedding last Dec, finding these boards (unfortunately after the fact), reading reviews and doing research here are some things that I have found out.

The Wedding Experience VS Local Planners

Local planners are normally less expensive

Local planners normally can offer more choices as to locations (and since they are local I would think they would have a better idea which areas are better in which months etc)

Local planners are not bound to preset packages and can offer more personal touches

Local Planners (from what I have read) take pride and care of their clients

Local Planners (again from what I have read) are very organized

The Wedding Experience can't answer basic questions, are FAR from organized, blame you for stuff they do wrong, their communication / skills leave a lot to be desired.

I honestly felt like the second they got my money I no longer mattered. I was locked in so they could say or do what they wanted and they did!

There have been people with positive things to say about them, but I am sure there are a lot of brides out there that feel the same way I did. I didn't want to write a negative review and scare couples who have already booked.

I have been in contact with four other couples since December that have not wanted to write a review for this same reason.

I hope you can find a local planner that will satisfy all your needs. If you need help please post, I am sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Best Wishes to you and your fiance :)

@LilBlackDress- Thanks so much for your input/advice! I am continuing to research other planners and will keep the board updated on my experience along the way. Your response has been super helpful! :)

You would be much better off with a local planner than with TWE. Yes I did and am still having nightmares with TWE so you could say I am bias against them. However, since our wedding last Dec, finding these boards (unfortunately after the fact), reading reviews and doing research here are some things that I have found out.

The Wedding Experience VS Local Planners

Local planners are normally less expensive

Local planners normally can offer more choices as to locations (and since they are local I would think they would have a better idea which areas are better in which months etc)

Local planners are not bound to preset packages and can offer more personal touches

Local Planners (from what I have read) take pride and care of their clients

Local Planners (again from what I have read) are very organized

The Wedding Experience can't answer basic questions, are FAR from organized, blame you for stuff they do wrong, their communication / skills leave a lot to be desired.

I honestly felt like the second they got my money I no longer mattered. I was locked in so they could say or do what they wanted and they did!

There have been people with positive things to say about them, but I am sure there are a lot of brides out there that feel the same way I did. I didn't want to write a negative review and scare couples who have already booked.

I have been in contact with four other couples since December that have not wanted to write a review for this same reason.

I hope you can find a local planner that will satisfy all your needs. If you need help please post, I am sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Best Wishes to you and your fiance :)

I completed agree with everything that LilBlackDress has said. Apparently, TWE just received my certified letter that I sent to them regarding my wedding in Santorini. I can't believe how much they charge and are allowed to get away with it. I also copied Celebrity on the letter and told them that I hope they consider this for the future. I'll keep you posted on what happens. Their response email said they were concerned by the things I have said and that they would look into it and get back to me. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Whatever you do - DON'T BOOK WITH TWE!

Even if some people have had good experiences, the number of people that have had bad is WAY MORE!

• 2 weeks later...

How is Angela working out for you? That is who is responding to my emails...I am in the process of filling out the initial paperwork.

Andrea Acosta is the supervisor at TWE for Norwegian Cruise Lines.....I worked with her as well as Angela....

I just returned this weekend from my wedding in Nassau using TWE, and I HIGHLY reccommend NOT using them. We at this point do not even know if we are legally married. They messed up the most important part, that being the legality of it. I don't have too much time to go into the specifics, and I am not sure if I am going to write a full review. Just know that if you do use them, keep asking questions, and if something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't, and you should ask and take care if it right then and there. When we were at the court house obtaining the license, we knew something was wrong but figured TWE knew what they were doing, as they do it day in and day out. The minister told us directly after the ceremony that he was unable to pick up the license, nice timing. Carnival was fabulous and tried their hardest to get it resolved before we left the ship, but they did not hear back, and only could do so much from the middle of the ocean. Now that we are off the boat we feel we have no recourse, we don't know who to contact, and do not have one shred of proof we were married beside the pictures.

Sorry to hear that :( I hope everything turns out ok.

I just returned this weekend from my wedding in Nassau using TWE, and I HIGHLY reccommend NOT using them. We at this point do not even know if we are legally married. They messed up the most important part, that being the legality of it. I don't have too much time to go into the specifics, and I am not sure if I am going to write a full review. Just know that if you do use them, keep asking questions, and if something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't, and you should ask and take care if it right then and there. When we were at the court house obtaining the license, we knew something was wrong but figured TWE knew what they were doing, as they do it day in and day out. The minister told us directly after the ceremony that he was unable to pick up the license, nice timing. Carnival was fabulous and tried their hardest to get it resolved before we left the ship, but they did not hear back, and only could do so much from the middle of the ocean. Now that we are off the boat we feel we have no recourse, we don't know who to contact, and do not have one shred of proof we were married beside the pictures.

Archived