My Experience with The Wedding Experience

Mich1121

You after all the years of lousey reports about this outfit I wish the lines would learn and look for another company as this is rediculous. What a pity because weddings are big business and a way to show off the product to many guests who might never have even considered a cruise.

I wish they offered more flexibility......I might consider paying for the reception if they just had the open bar option vs. hors d'oeuvres - why would I want to BUY food when I am on a cruise ship that has the food I already paid for available to me?? Plus, I don't necessarily want an hours worth of photography. Some sort of menu with prices instead of pay $2000 and this is what you get. Everyone is different about what is important to them.

My main reason for doing the cruise wedding is we were planning on going on a cruise anyways and I do like that someone takes care of everything but $2000 does seem a little high for what you get. I know I could throw something together for far less but do I want the stress??

Did folks that did the onboard wedding feel it was worth it? Would love to know, we will probably go ahead and pay and book by the 30th and want to make sure I know what I am getting myself into. :confused:

You after all the years of lousey reports about this outfit I wish the lines would learn and look for another company as this is rediculous. What a pity because weddings are big business and a way to show off the product to many guests who might never have even considered a cruise.

I wish they offered more flexibility......I might consider paying for the reception if they just had the open bar option vs. hors d'oeuvres - why would I want to BUY food when I am on a cruise ship that has the food I already paid for available to me?? Plus, I don't necessarily want an hours worth of photography. Some sort of menu with prices instead of pay $2000 and this is what you get. Everyone is different about what is important to them.

My main reason for doing the cruise wedding is we were planning on going on a cruise anyways and I do like that someone takes care of everything but $2000 does seem a little high for what you get. I know I could throw something together for far less but do I want the stress??

Did folks that did the onboard wedding feel it was worth it? Would love to know, we will probably go ahead and pay and book by the 30th and want to make sure I know what I am getting myself into. :confused:

Which cruise line are you using? I have done a lot of research before choosing to have my wedding on a cruise. Everyone I have spoken to loved thier wedding on a cruise ship. There are wedding reviews on here from past brides. You may want to take a look at some to help you make up your mind.

I am booked with Carnival and the open bar and food is included in the price. As well as the cake w/topper, bouquet and boutonniere, champaign flutes, officiant, photographer and coordinators. It's a very good deal considering if you had it on land and paid for everything. Here in Florida just the venue alone will cost you 300-$1000 Then you still must pay for decorations, food, drinks, flowers, entertainment, cake, cleanup and coordinate it all yourself unless you hire a planner. I am a working mom with little free time, so it is well worth it to me to go with a wedding cruise and have them work out the details. Having it local I would have ended up with about 85 guests which would have cost me a minimum of $5000.

Something else to think about....Even though you can get the food free if you cruise, you must consider that you will have non-sailing guests who don't have that option. Therefore, you are paying for them to eat. I agree with them needing to add more flexibility. What would be nice is if they would only charge you food for those who are not sailing.

Good luck with whichever you choose! :)

Well I sure didn't feel it was worth it for several reasons. I paid for the open bar and did not receive it, They refused any form of credit instead out of what they called a courtesy offered me a free Vow Renewal (like I would trust them to get that right) There were other problems involved like they canceled my cake 5 days before the wedding, and wanted to charge me double for a plain white fondant cake, there was no coordination for the reception as my coordinator was trying to find out why they were refusing bar service. It was a MESS!!

If I had to do all over again I would defiantly go with a destination wedding!! Island Bliss has had fantastic reviews on CC and they are less expensive and add more personal touches! If you are not going to the Caribbean I am sure there are local planners for one of the ports that you are going to that would be a much better option.

We decided not to move forward with the cruise wedding...when we broke it down to what we were getting for our $2000 it just didn't add up to much. I have checked locally and right now I found a great deal at a popular restaurant (where my fiance and I had our first date) and we can get married and have the reception there. For 40 people and $2000 we get the facility blocked for up to 5 hours, wedding cake, bouquet, bouttiniere, all the decorations, sit down lunch with wine, etc. We will have use of the inside area for eating and a courtyard area for reception. Much better deal than the cruise.

We weren't going to worry about inviting non sailing guests. All we cared about is that our parents, children and my fiance's brother/SIL were coming and we were going to tell our friends/family about the cruise if they wanted to join us.

We decided not to move forward with the cruise wedding...when we broke it down to what we were getting for our $2000 it just didn't add up to much. I have checked locally and right now I found a great deal at a popular restaurant (where my fiance and I had our first date) and we can get married and have the reception there. For 40 people and $2000 we get the facility blocked for up to 5 hours, wedding cake, bouquet, bouttiniere, all the decorations, sit down lunch with wine, etc. We will have use of the inside area for eating and a courtyard area for reception. Much better deal than the cruise.

We weren't going to worry about inviting non sailing guests. All we cared about is that our parents, children and my fiance's brother/SIL were coming and we were going to tell our friends/family about the cruise if they wanted to join us.

I wish you all the best! Did you look at Island Bliss? Doing a destination wedding on one of the ports gives ya the best of both worlds.

I am not trying to talk you out of your decision to go with a cruise wedding I just worry for people after what myself and many before me went through.

Thanks :) No, I would be too worried that we wouldn't end up making it to that port for some reason. Out of the 4 ports, Cozumel would have been our only option.

It is ok, I was looking for some folks to post with personal experience - I wish there were more, I am surprised how quiet this wedding board is :( You didn't talk me out of it, when it came down to it we wanted more for our money and we found it. We will still do the cruise as planned, but as a nice trip with friend's and family.

I wish you all the best! Did you look at Island Bliss? Doing a destination wedding on one of the ports gives ya the best of both worlds.

I am not trying to talk you out of your decision to go with a cruise wedding I just worry for people after what myself and many before me went through.

Well I am happy that you found something that works for you, cruise wedding or not you can still get a lot of ideas off the boards.

I like the idea of the restaurant where you had your first date. Our first date was at Knotts Berry Farm. As much as we love roller coasters I think that woulda been just a wee bit out of our price range to rent out the park (by a few hundred thousand LOL)

Yeah, I just don't want it to become a big ordeal :) with the cruise it was easier not to feel bad if someone was left out. Now I am feeling more pressure to include certain people. For price though we are trying to keep the # under 40 people, so someone will be upset with us.

I also liked the idea of just showing up and not having to do much. This place we found is still like that for the most part, but I need to find my own officiant and a DJ or someone to handle music. My brain hurts. I don't know how or why someone would want to handle every detail :confused:

Well I am happy that you found something that works for you, cruise wedding or not you can still get a lot of ideas off the boards.

I like the idea of the restaurant where you had your first date. Our first date was at Knotts Berry Farm. As much as we love roller coasters I think that woulda been just a wee bit out of our price range to rent out the park (by a few hundred thousand LOL)

Archived