Clothing Optional Deck on Carnival

Higginsrdcple

My guess is it wasn't being utilized much. Only one of our cruises did we see anyone up there..........

On my first two Conquest cruises with the tops optional sign in place I never saw anyone at all on the deck. Last cruise with the sign and the barrier gone, one lady was up there topless.

On the recent Transatlantic Cruise on the Freedom some people were using the small deck on the bow of Deck 6 and 7 as a "clothing optional" area to sit out and sunbathe (on rare occasions). Nothing official, but hardly anyone ever went out there, so I think the people who chose to go nude were reasonably comfortable with the fact that they would be alone for most of the time. I have no idea what the passengers in the cabins with windows overlooking those decks thought of it, but maybe they didn't notice.

On my recent Sensation cruise they had taken down the signs and privacy screens from the funnel deck. I went up there with my girlfriend and there were still folks sunning topless. I don't know if they were Carnival fans that were used to it being topless, or just didn't care.

Ladies as a card carrying member of the CBG and certified SPF applicator, allow me you assure you if the puppies and yearning to be released by all means let them get some sun, just look for any CBG member and we will willingly apply a generious portion of SPF to all needed areas to insure no burns to their noses....

John

Aida, a german CCL cruiseline , has CO-decks.

http://www.aida.de/ (website in german only)

We docked next to an Aida ship in Costa Rica this past February. Since the Aida ship was much smaller than Liberty, her CO deck was below Liberty's Panorama Deck. This photo of Liberty's deck area shows a small crowd of people gathered on the port side of the Panorama Deck, roughly parallel to the Aida ship's CO deck.:rolleyes:

1746113358_LibertyatLimon.jpg.e56a1d22108909699c7f9de8f093fde8.jpg

Where are all the non-rule breakers?? It's okay to go topless but you can't wear shorts in the dining room! :D

You also can't go topless in the dining room unless you have formal wear on the bottom! :)

As far as I have seen, there is no dress code on the Lido Deck, so if the topless deck is gone, then let it all hang out on the Lido Deck!!! I'd say the more passengers that invoke their right to not dress, the quicker we'll have a separate deck again for Topless/Clothing Optional... :)

It really is such a shame that CCL did this, the funnel deck was the place to go to lay out, not because the women were topless, but because it was nice and quiet up there.

We (wife and I) used to spend a great deal of time up there just unwinding.

Oh well, what are they going to do, throw us off the ship ?

Also CCL has this great habit of not stopping the kids from swimming in the adult pool, it would be nice to see everyone getting treated in the same fashion.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived