Spa Question

mistyq

We are booked on CB in January, and are wondering about something we'ver heard offered...a "pass to use the steam room/sauna and rain showers at the spa throughout the entire week. Can you use these facilities if you don't pay (eg can you still take a sauna?)? If we buy one pass, can we take turns using it? Can anyone tell me what's the deal with this? :cool:

I haven't sailed on that ship, but recently I was on the Sun Princess. The steam room, sauna, and showers were free and open to anyone. They were located between the gym area and the spa area. You just walked in and used them. I enjoyed them both one day, but frankly they were too hot! I've used many others in gyms before, but these were blistering. I could only stay in a short while, but did feel very relaxed afterward. I would be surprised to hear that you have to pay - except for several activities (like pilates and spinning classes), the gym area is free for everyone.

We are booked on CB in January, and are wondering about something we'ver heard offered...a "pass to use the steam room/sauna and rain showers at the spa throughout the entire week. Can you use these facilities if you don't pay (eg can you still take a sauna?)? If we buy one pass, can we take turns using it? Can anyone tell me what's the deal with this? :cool:

Humm, interesting question. My sister and I traveled on our first cruise together last year on the Star. We purchased a spa package that alowed us unlimited use of the spa facilities, including sauna & steam rooms, the rain showers, and the hot tile beds. It cost us about $65.00 each for the week, advertised as a couples package. If you entered through the spa entrance-way from the ship's corridor, you came to a desk where a staff member took your cruise card in exchange for a robe if you wanted one, and access to these rooms. But now that you mention it, we used the pool near the spa all the time, because it was all adult and very quiet, and there were two hot tubs and a current machine in the pool, which we wanted to swim against. We could enter the spa area to use the rest rooms, but I don't think there was anything keeping us from going back to the sauna/steam area from that access if we wanted to do so. Supposidly they sell a limited number of these packages, so if you want access I would check in at the spa early after boarding to see if you think you're going to need to purchase the pass or if you think that access is not carefully monitored and you want to take your chances.

This is really interesting and I'll look forward to comments from others.

Laurie

My husband and I just got off of the CB....you can get a couples pass for the entire week for $115 to use the thermal suite. No, you cannot purchase one pass to "share"....they also have a package for $195 that includes the week long pass to the thermal suite and one hour together in the Rasul room.....that is NOT to be missed;) ....the spa on the CB was one of my favorite things. They have 5 thermal tile loungers that are heated along with several therapy rooms with steam and aromatherapy...plus two separate showers, one is a rain shower and I'm not sure how to describe the other one. We never had to wait to lie on one of the tile loungers and we took naps on there often...it is quiet and dark and sooo relaxing. They also have saunas in the men's and women's locker rooms.....I think if you get a treatment then you are able to use the locker rooms in the spa and the thermal suite for that particular day. A week long pass for just one person is $89.....it is well worth it in my opinion......we went to the spa as soon as we got onboard to purchase the passes because they only sell a limited number of weekly passes. The Rasul treatment is wonderful. You and your mate get to go into a lovely room and spread muds, lime & ginger salt rubs and other goodies all over one another and then you get into the steam room.....after you can rinse all off in the shower they have there which has shampoo, conditioner, shower gel....you are locked in this room and no one can disturb you...it is very romantic, fun, and the products are HEAVENLY!!!! The spa is lovely and I think it is some of the best money spent on our cruise. Hope this helps somewhat.:p

Mistyq,

If you only wish to use the steam and sauna then go to the one that are free of charge in the locker rooms for ladies and gents. You do not have to pay for these ONLY the spa area which has the tiled beds etc.

All Princess ships have very nice showers and saunas in the changing rooms. They are separate for ladies and gents, and you can sauna au naturel if you like. They are free of charge, whether or not you use spa services. Some people just go up there to shower instead of using their cabin showers.

What you are being offered on a charge basis is the Thermal Suite. This is a perfectly beautiful area. Perhaps pictures are better than words:

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/thermal.html

We really enjoy this and always book it for a couples pass for the week. It is per person, you can't share the pass.

Have a GREAT cruise!

When we traveled last year I had signed up for a couples package of some kind by mistake. Once on board we went to the spa and they offered us the option that I described above-access to the saunas, steam room, showers, and stone beds for the price of splitting the cost of the package I was signed up for. I sincerly hope that there is a similar option available to us again, because we were certainly planning on it. One of the best parts of every day of our cruise was going for a swim, then going to the sauna, then lying on the stone beds with a book and a glass of the fresh fruit water. Eventually we would pull out the patter, make our evening dinner and show plans, then shower at the spa with the fabulous herbal-scented shampoo and soap. Then we'd throw on a robe and go to the cabin to dress for dinner. If we can't split a package then it will be well worth it to purchase a single package for each of us. That total indulgence was what made the cruise so relaxing and such a special treat. Laurie

Archived