upgrade possible?

zees4u

I have a situation where i have paid for 3 inside rooms for 6 people. One of the persons in our party is now unable to cruise. We are within 30 days of our cruise and I know that we are not eligible for a refund. Does anyone know if ncl will entertain upgrading our 3 inside cabins to 2 outside cabins? Just trying to be creative!!

never know..but, there s no harm in trying..

If you call NCL and they say no -- ask the agent to double-check with the supervisor. If they can sell unsold inventory, they probably will agree.

In other words, it depends if the ship is full or not so full.

If you booked through a TA, get them on the case.

One negotiation strategy might be to ask them for an upgrade where you will have to pay a bit extra (over what you owed for the 3 cabins), but not too much extra. Just enough to make it worth their while and give you better facilities.

I have a situation where i have paid for 3 inside rooms for 6 people. One of the persons in our party is now unable to cruise. We are within 30 days of our cruise and I know that we are not eligible for a refund. Does anyone know if ncl will entertain upgrading our 3 inside cabins to 2 outside cabins? Just trying to be creative!!

You may be better off aiming for 2 insides for 5 people.

Not sure you can swing the insides for outsides...minus one passenger:confused:

Alot depends on capacity/booking of the ship.

Good luck:)

If you call NCL and they say no -- ask the agent to double-check with the supervisor. If they can sell unsold inventory, they probably will agree.

In other words, it depends if the ship is full or not so full.

If you booked through a TA, get them on the case.

One negotiation strategy might be to ask them for an upgrade where you will have to pay a bit extra (over what you owed for the 3 cabins), but not too much extra. Just enough to make it worth their while and give you better facilities.

By doing what OP suggests it increases inventory, not decreases it. (3 cabins down to 2)

OK... I just spoke to ncl and they said that there is definately something that can be worked out but since I went thru a TA, I have to have them contact ncl for me. I booked thru an online agency that I have never used before. Anyone have any experience with vacations to go dot com? My TA will not be in the office for a few more hours.

OK... I just spoke to ncl and they said that there is definately something that can be worked out but since I went thru a TA, I have to have them contact ncl for me. I booked thru an online agency that I have never used before. Anyone have any experience with vacations to go dot com? My TA will not be in the office for a few more hours.

There a fairly large outfit , you should have no problem dealing with one of there TA's..

Good luck.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you -- hope it works out. Let us know for sure what the final result is -- good for the rest of us to know for future planning.

Archived