Specialty Restaurant Reservations??

jlhc99

Does anyone know the procedure for Celebrity confirming speciality restaurant reservations? We are Captain's Club members sailing on Summit in early Feb. According to the Celebrity website, reservations for this can be done 60 days in advance. I called the Captain's Club last week and gave my preference (1st and 2nd) for date/time. The lady to whom I spoke said I would receive a confirmation email within a week; however nothing yet. To be honest, she seemed pretty vague about the whole procedure....

Any info would be most appreciated - we are celebrating a special occasion and looking forward to this experience.

Does anyone know the procedure for Celebrity confirming speciality restaurant reservations? We are Captain's Club members sailing on Summit in early Feb. According to the Celebrity website, reservations for this can be done 60 days in advance. I called the Captain's Club last week and gave my preference (1st and 2nd) for date/time. The lady to whom I spoke said I would receive a confirmation email within a week; however nothing yet. To be honest, she seemed pretty vague about the whole procedure....

Any info would be most appreciated - we are celebrating a special occasion and looking forward to this experience.

I hear ya. When I called, the woman at Celebrity asked me which specialty restaurant on Constellation I wanted. I told her there was only one as far as I knew. She told me the name of the restaurant was The Normandie on Constellation. I think she's wrong...I think it's Ocean Liners. I gave up and have contacted my TA to take care of it for me.

It depends....I called at the 60 day mark. (I am sailing next week)

and I was told the computer system had gone down and they

were behind with emailing confirmations.

So, I called in Oct for a December 20th cruise and received

my confirmation via email on Nov 28th. So, it took over

4 weeks.

In the past I have received my confirmation within 10 days-2 weeks

of my first phone call....not this time.

Lois

You had mention in a previous posting that you were hoping to have dinner in the speciality resturant on the Century, with a long time friend,a crew member. I didn't think that crew could dine with passengers. Are crew member able to get special premission??

Lois

You had mention in a previous posting that you were hoping to have dinner in the speciality resturant on the Century, with a long time friend,a crew member. I didn't think that crew could dine with passengers. Are crew member able to get special premission??

Hi,:) I did mention that, didn't I?...I can never tell if Big Brother

is watching around here. To be honest, the person I am hoping

to see would be considered management and I won't know if it

is possible until after I board the ship and ask.

You have a good memory;)

Lois,

No, don't give away the name, I certainly would not want to see anyone get into trouble, however if this crew member is apart of management, I'm sure that the same rules don't apply as it relates to "crew". I have been follwing your posts alot, as it seems you have sailed on Celebrity quite a few times and share some great info. Have a great cruise and I will keep my fingers croosed that you will indeed be able to dine with your "friend".

Their system is not automated so when you here does vary from cruise to cruise. Just call back as you get closer to the cruise just to make sure they have your reservation in the system and if you don't get a confirming e mail the day you board go over the specialty restaurant to make sure they have your reservation in the system.

Keith

Thanks all for the info! Just to double check, I called the Captain's Club again last night. The guy to whom I spoke pulled up my booking and when I asked about the reservation request, he said the lady to whom I previously spoke had not documented anything on my booking :eek: . He took my info again and did say that it could be right before the cruise before I get confirmation. OK, why open it up for reservations 60 days out I ask if one doesn't get confirmation until right before the trip????? Not to sound coarse, however these people do not seem like the brightest stars in the sky.....

Thanks all for the info! Just to double check, I called the Captain's Club again last night. The guy to whom I spoke pulled up my booking and when I asked about the reservation request, he said the lady to whom I previously spoke had not documented anything on my booking :eek: . He took my info again and did say that it could be right before the cruise before I get confirmation. OK, why open it up for reservations 60 days out I ask if one doesn't get confirmation until right before the trip????? Not to sound coarse, however these people do not seem like the brightest stars in the sky.....

I share your concern. I applaud Celebrity for having automated so many things but this is one that they should automate as well. It woudn't be any different than booking a shore excursion through their web site. You should be able to put in a request and get a confirmation or atleast a receipt noting that they have your request and that you will receive a confirmation in your cabin on the day of embarkation.

As I say it's no different than being able to order shore excursions and it would cut down on all of the calls to Celebrity and the anxiety that folks have in the first place.

Keith

We made reservations 60 days in advance for our Dec. 24th cruise on Century. We were told at that time that we would receive an email confirmation a week before sailing. Well, we received the confirmation a week or so ago, well in advance of the cruise. I think it all depends on the luck of the draw and who you get on the phone.

I share your concern. I applaud Celebrity for having automated so many things but this is one that they should automate as well. It woudn't be any different than booking a shore excursion through their web site. You should be able to put in a request and get a confirmation or atleast a receipt noting that they have your request and that you will receive a confirmation in your cabin on the day of embarkation.

As I say it's no different than being able to order shore excursions and it would cut down on all of the calls to Celebrity and the anxiety that folks have in the first place.

Keith

Good point! Even though we won't expect a confirmation at this stage, I also asked the guy last night if he could email me a copy of the request. This was answered with, "we have no way to do that". Sounds very odd to me.....

In the past I've always gotten confirmation in the stateroom as I boarded the ship.

Archived