Pride worst ship in the fleet???

Balconeysonly

There's a bar outside of the Pride line area? This is the first I've heard this. :confused:

Yep, there was both times we were there, it's a 'cart' kind of bar that you'd see at party in a hotel ballroom, quite near the little place that sells hats, etc, etc..

We have sailed the Pride twice, and are booked for a 3rd in July 08. My family and I have enjoyed everything. And we have had no long lines to stand in at Long Beach in VIP. Both times we were on the ship around noon.

Still waiting to hear what the persons lists of issues were...blah blah...

Ok, I am not to big on Carnival these days...dissappointed in last cruise and then the fuel charge. ...... However The Pride is our very favorite ship and crew is outstanding and as much as I might be peeved with Carnival I would love to cruise on her again...........

We had a wonderful time on the Pride. I can't compliment the crew enough, they bent over backwards to keep us happy. Our dining team was the best ever out of 12 cruises. I too would like to know what the problems were for the OP. But like many of you, I doubt they will post again. But of course, everyone's opinion is different. But I would be back on the Pride in a heart beat:D !

Cheryl

I can't stand these people that post and run, I have sailed the Pride three times and we love the layout and have had some of the best service of all of our cruising throughout those trips. The port of Long Beach could be set up better, since the line from the dome should have been desinged inside with a seating area like all the other ports but the ship is great.

We have sailed the Pride twice, and are booked for a 3rd in July 08. My family and I have enjoyed everything. And we have had no long lines to stand in at Long Beach in VIP. Both times we were on the ship around noon.

Still waiting to hear what the persons lists of issues were...blah blah...

Missing clothes out of my suit case, Gifts pruchased and paid for not showing uom in the stateroom, then they stated my order did not exist. They brought me the bad news during dinner. Other peoples bar tab on my s&s card. Charges put back on at the final bill then again on my debit card after I got home. Billed twice for the art auction. No customer service in the gift shop (wouldn't help find something I needed) wanted to charge twice the price for a smaller item that was similar. Back to the missing clothes... they were packed, they wern't at home when I got back and the ship's Pursers would not investigate the missing items. The gifts purchased for the other people in outr group had the wrong size t shirts in them. They wouldn't replace them with the right size. We had to buy more shirts the size that was ordered to begin with.

We loved the Conquest, we had the worst time on the Pride. I think since their founder passed away their focus on customer service has shifted to squeezing every penny out of every customer. You know they only pay their Stewards $35 a week and the rest of what they make is tips. Tip your srewards well. Out of 2200 passengers they charged $154,000 in pre paid gratuities. I was I could get my customers to pay my help.

The pride is a different entity because it serves as a hotel room as you travel through the islands, sleep and eat on ship. While I've never sailed her, we have researched this travel extensively as we will sail soon.

Because the ship is not the destination and travel time, people who are cruise experts have come to expect a style that does not exist here, unless you are at the same areas at the same times each day and form a relationship with the crew.

this is what is lacking of a normal sail, you island hop, miss the intamacy of the crew and fail to form that link... so it's foreign, lacking. Then the service feels and is disjointed because of the itinerary.

to sail such a different cruise, demands awareness of the differences of this and a "normal port rotational cruise". to not be aware of this causes the preception of poor service and lack of intamacy of the crew and pax.

The specific issues that occur addition to this DO need to be addressed to aussage customer service to address the short comings of the poor service.

There are everyday service problems that still need to be addressed, yet te concept is a sell, and the issues need to be rectified quickly to keep the pax sailing.

Wow, can I have some of what you are smoking? That was quite the "Puff the Magic Dragon" entry. No offense meant. Maybe it's me.

Missing clothes out of my suit case, Gifts pruchased and paid for not showing uom in the stateroom, then they stated my order did not exist. They brought me the bad news during dinner. Other peoples bar tab on my s&s card. Charges put back on at the final bill then again on my debit card after I got home. Billed twice for the art auction. No customer service in the gift shop (wouldn't help find something I needed) wanted to charge twice the price for a smaller item that was similar. Back to the missing clothes... they were packed, they wern't at home when I got back and the ship's Pursers would not investigate the missing items. The gifts purchased for the other people in outr group had the wrong size t shirts in them. They wouldn't replace them with the right size. We had to buy more shirts the size that was ordered to begin with.

We loved the Conquest, we had the worst time on the Pride. I think since their founder passed away their focus on customer service has shifted to squeezing every penny out of every customer. You know they only pay their Stewards $35 a week and the rest of what they make is tips. Tip your srewards well. Out of 2200 passengers they charged $154,000 in pre paid gratuities. I was I could get my customers to pay my help.

I think this is a classic example of something went wrong, so this trip is completely ruined.

I dont doubt you, that some clothes turned up missing. Was it your fault? your famlies fault? your ride to the airports fault? the TSA fault? your airlines fault? your cab drivers fault? the porters fault? the stewards fault? on and on and on.

I work in the travel industry and it always amazes me the sheer amount of miserable people that LOOK for one thing that goes wrong so they can declare the whole trip a total disater. Yes it sucks that something comes up missing, but hey thats life vacation or not. Why let it spoil your whole vacation?

There is a old saying "Doesnt take much urine to spoil a perfectly good milkshake" why are you the one pouring it in?

Yes, you can play the poor victim card but i suggest folks click on your name and see your last 250 posts. Almost all of them have been negative.

Sorry but a negative person will usually have a negative experience.

OK, I'm confused. Items were stolen out of your locked luggage? Was it locked with a TSA lock when you checked your luggage on the plane? Or was it tampered with when you locked your luggage after the porters loaded it on the ship, or before you put it out in the hall on the last night of your cruise?Or was it robbed after you locked your luggage when you put it on the flight home? Did you really lock your luggage?

I was actually on Pride in April 2007, and found myself saying how much "prettier" the Pride was. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Golden and it had many advantages over the Pride (muster drill in show lounges, anytime dining, for example). We are going back on Pride in March. I'll let you know if it still holds it's attraction for us.

Let's remember, It's a very wet time of year in Washington. It can be depressing. Wait, it rains alot there. Oh, wait a minute. Lots of rain, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, high suicide rate. Pretty negative stuff. It's a Washington thing. Ok, not all Washingtonion's (or whatever they are called) are so negative like the OP, but maybe it just runs in they're blood. You know, the Pride sucks so much..........Well, I'm going on it for a 3rd time this Sunday. Are you kidding me, I've been on a few Carnival Ships, and the Pride is my favorite. I'll be thinking of the OP when I'm eating my lobster this Monday night. One last question, what are you thinking when you are locking your luggage?? TSA is checking everything....They will crack it right open. If you have such a problem with Carnival, then go to Holland America. To me, that cruise line put me to sleep. Boring and depressing.......Up your alley....... Bye Bye from not as rainy California.....

David from the Golden State

Upcoming Cruises:

Carnival Pride: Mexico-12/16/2007

NCL Sun: Alaska-05/11/2008

Past Cruises:

Holland America Noordam: Alaska-Sept/2007

NCL Star: Mexico-Apr/2007

Carnival Liberty: Western Carribean-Jan/2007

Carnival Paradise: Baja Mexico-Dec/2006

Carnival Pride: Mexico-Oct/2006

Carnival Spirit: Mexico-Feb/2006

NCL Star: Alaska-Sept/2005

Carnival Paradise: Baja Mexico-Apr/2005

Carnival Pride: Mexico-Sept/2004

Carnival Elation: Mexico-June/2003

Well done! there are people who will read a post,and accept it for what it is one persons view, for you, you had a bad time and what you said even if I disagree with it, it would not cause me to respond like a child, I wish you better luck next time. regards

I understand things happen. They happen when traveling by air, train, bus etc. My wife and I took our first cruise on 9/16/07 on the conquest. Did we have issues ? Yep...had 2 diinner mates for 5 days who complained about everything...why are they called idaho potatoes ? Why do they force the waiters to dance? They complained about NYC crime (they're from dallas). I'm originally from NYC AND now living in houston. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....NYC is rated better than dallas or houston in FBI crime stats, but i kept quiet. My wife never drinks, she drank those 5 days.

We had other issues but it was the best vacation we've ever had. They even misplaced our luggage for 3 days.

Like I said earlier, we were on the same cruise with you and had a wonderful time. Thanks for coming back and telling us what went wrong with your trip. It's nice to know that you aren't a "troll":) ! I have read of other posters having things stolen out of suitcases and I do believe that it does happen. Unfortunately, I don't think Carnival can do much about it since no one witnessed it. Not that you don't have the right to complain. But as others have pointed out, could they have gone missing at the airport?

Did you have any good experiences on Pride? I hope your cruise wasn't a total loss.

Cheryl

The pride is a different entity because it serves as a hotel room as you travel through the islands, sleep and eat on ship. While I've never sailed her, we have researched this travel extensively as we will sail soon.

Because the ship is not the destination and travel time, people who are cruise experts have come to expect a style that does not exist here, unless you are at the same areas at the same times each day and form a relationship with the crew.

this is what is lacking of a normal sail, you island hop, miss the intamacy of the crew and fail to form that link... so it's foreign, lacking. Then the service feels and is disjointed because of the itinerary.

to sail such a different cruise, demands awareness of the differences of this and a "normal port rotational cruise". to not be aware of this causes the preception of poor service and lack of intamacy of the crew and pax.

The specific issues that occur addition to this DO need to be addressed to aussage customer service to address the short comings of the poor service.

There are everyday service problems that still need to be addressed, yet te concept is a sell, and the issues need to be rectified quickly to keep the pax sailing.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Like I said earlier, we were on the same cruise with you and had a wonderful time. Thanks for coming back and telling us what went wrong with your trip. It's nice to know that you aren't a "troll":) ! I have read of other posters having things stolen out of suitcases and I do believe that it does happen. Unfortunately, I don't think Carnival can do much about it since no one witnessed it. Not that you don't have the right to complain. But as others have pointed out, could they have gone missing at the airport?

Did you have any good experiences on Pride? I hope your cruise wasn't a total loss.

Cheryl

The shore excursions were great. My biggest complaint is that the atmosphere and attitude of the experience have gone down the tubes in the last few years. The ship itself is beautiful. I guess the golden age of crusing is over. If we don't take the time to share notes they will continue to treat the passengers as a captive audience and service will continue to spiral. I am not the only one to have a bad experience, but I so far seem to be the only one with enough fortitude to share. Fore warned is fore armed. It has to be the customers that keep the service level high. If we accept a lowered bar, it will continue to lower until no one will have a good time.

Do we want that to happen?

The items missing were in my suitcase when I closed it on the Queen Mary 15 minutes before we checked our bags with Carnival.

Archived