Great new fare on our 10 day Maasdam cruise.

Orcrone

I was checking the pricing of my Maasdam 10 day eastern Caribbean cruise out of Norfolk (like I do every day). The online TA I go through now has a price for an NN guarantee of $633 per person, double occupancy. With port charges and taxes it's only $710 per person. The NN room is a small inside room on the verandah deck. There are three of this category on the cruise, so of course there's the chance for an upgrade.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested in joining us you can e-mail me at morlick1 at cox dot net and I'll give you the TA's info.

KK,

Wish you could join us, but I understand. Can't be on two cruises at the same time (but wouldn't it be fun if you could).

The price of our room hasn't changed, in fact it's gone up since we booked. Since we're past final payment I doubt we could change cabins and get a refund. But even if we could I'd rather stick with our room than take a guarantee. I just figured that if someone else wanted to jump on it's a great price.

I booked an NN gty (first time try on inside cabin) on Volendam 11/26. What does your TA think about the upgrade fairy on this one? There seem to be a lot of outside cabins available and they are dropping prices on some sites.
I didn't speak to my TA, just got the info from their website. Since there are only three NN cabins on the ship, I would think there's a good shot at an upgrade, but you know that three parties will wind up in those rooms. For inside rooms there are some K and L categories booking something other than guarantees. There seem to be a pretty fair amount of outside rooms available. There's only one verandah room left and all the S suites are sold out. The penthouse suite is still available, but that would set a record for an upgrade, NN to PS.:D

We're booked in an outside room and generally I don't like booking guarantees as I like to know where we'll be. But for that price I would definitely consider it if I weren't already booked.

Vic,

I was just about to go to sleep (it's 11:25 here) and I saw your post. Now I have to stay awake until I get your e-mail.:eek:

I guess it's also 11:25 in NJ too.

Hopefully it'll only be a few seconds more.:D

Archived