Princess Dining

Cruzin 1025

I'm looking at booking our first trip on Princess and have a question on the anytime dining. It looks like I have to pick either traditional or anytime dining and that there are different dining rooms depending on which we choose (we're looking at the Crown Princess). We've done NCL's Freestyle dining and missed eating with the same group of people and waitstaff every night, so I'm thinking we'd want to go with traditional. But I'm wondering if the menu will differ in the other dining rooms? If so, can we show up at one of those dining rooms one night if we like their menu better?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I'm looking at booking our first trip on Princess and have a question on the anytime dining. It looks like I have to pick either traditional or anytime dining and that there are different dining rooms depending on which we choose (we're looking at the Crown Princess). We've done NCL's Freestyle dining and missed eating with the same group of people and waitstaff every night, so I'm thinking we'd want to go with traditional. But I'm wondering if the menu will differ in the other dining rooms? If so, can we show up at one of those dining rooms one night if we like their menu better?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Just got back off the Dawn. We did anytime. They had one dining room for anytime. If you want the same waiters each night, take note of the number on the table and use it when you call. If you plan on the same time each night tell them when you call for a reservation. The menue was the same excecpt we did not get the baked alaska parade. An oops happened and we heard the song over the loud speakers! It worked out excellent for our group of 7. Table 97 right in the middle!

Go to webshots and input Crown Princess menus for a search. There are several people who have pics of the menus.

If you have anytime dining and meet people you like, you can request the same table and waiter every night for the rest of the cruise.

I like that better than getting stuck in traditional with a tablemate you can't stand.

The menus and dress code are the same in anytime and traditional dining. If you elect traditional, you can switch to anytime. You cannot switch back.
This is correct. If you enjoy Traditional dining, select that and you'll still have the option of eating in one of the specialty restaurants or in the buffet. You just can't go to the Anytime dining room. Should you choose to switch to Anytime while onboard, you can do so but it's a one-way switch. You cannot go back to Traditional.

Archived