Barbados tour

frannie

• 3 weeks later...

We always hire a car and driver! Then you go exactly where you want and stay as long as you wish! We just have the best time and have ended up in such interesting places!

We have resreved a car and driver from Johnson's for 8 hours. Last year, we booked through the ship, which we never do, we booked Monkey encounter 4x4 through the ship. Well to our surprise the tour was canceled and we did not know until we were in the terminal looking for our 4x4 tour people!

We found someone to do a private tour but did not have the time, by then, to do the monkeys. We ended up at the most beautiful botanical gardens! The second stop was Rockley beach! Just plain heaven! Our day was just perfect!

Private tours for two are the way to go for us. You do not wait for everyone else at every stop. If you didlike a stop you just leave and stop at some of the best places that do not do groups.

Thank you

We will be in Barbados in February and are looking at ship tours. Anyone do the Concord Museum experience with princess . Thought it may be interesting since we have been to barbados before

• 2 weeks later...

We've been lucky enough to have visited Barbados twice on cruise ships, the most recent was December 26. We had Cameron Reid take us on a private tour--I booked him earlier in the year--and all four of us were absolutely thrilled. He is courteous, knowledgeable, patient, and an excellent driver with an immaculate automobile. If you are interested in spending a day in Barbados with your own private tour to take you wherever you want to go, then he's your man. He also made excellent suggestions, and we trusted his judgment. He did not disappoint. If you wish further information, just let me know. :)

GG

Cameron took us to the Wildlife Reserve (and several other stops that we wanted to make) last March and I'll second Grammar Goddess' recommendation. He will take you wherever you want to go, and knows just about everything about Barbados.

We've been lucky enough to have visited Barbados twice on cruise ships, the most recent was December 26. We had Cameron Reid take us on a private tour--I booked him earlier in the year--and all four of us were absolutely thrilled. He is courteous, knowledgeable, patient, and an excellent driver with an immaculate automobile. If you are interested in spending a day in Barbados with your own private tour to take you wherever you want to go, then he's your man. He also made excellent suggestions, and we trusted his judgment. He did not disappoint. If you wish further information, just let me know. :)

GG

Ditto to that!

We also used Cameron Reid for our tour in Barbados on our Nov. 2007 cruise on the Explorer. We did the scenic tour with him and it was excellent. He had another driver with him that day but he was the narrator. The van was very clean and roomy (there were 8 of us). He knows the island very well and had excellent suggestions as to where to go and if you had specific requests he would honor them also.

We will be in Barbados in Nov. 2008 and will be booking another excursion with Cameron.

Ingrid & Clarence

Instead of renting a car and not really knowing where to go or not being able to hear all the lovely history of Barbados, we chose to go on a tour with a real Bajan (pronounced, as we learned like "Cajun"). I highly recommend, without any reservation, Glory Tours. We have traveled the world and taken many tours, but Sarah from Glory Tours has to have been one of the best tour guides we have ever experienced. She designed the full-day personalized tour to OUR wishes. We wanted to see green monkeys and crashing waves, visit old plantations for high tea, and eat Bajan food with the natives--and we got all that and more (pan-fried flying fish--yum!)! The price was excellent for what we received--a truly memorable full day in lovely Barbados designed especially for us. :)

• 4 months later...

GG

I would be interested in using Cameron for a group of eight on a private tour in Barbados next February. Please could you send his details to

centrum at winshop dot com dot au. I did try to contact another guide but I didn't receive any answer.

Thank you

Joyce

we used Glory Tours last Jan... we did encounter some problems, first when we were booking we were checked with Sarah about the half day tour to the cave and snorkel with the turtles. She was very quick to respond and ensured us that the tour would only be half a day 9 until 1, which was great as we wanted to see the city as well on foot and hope to meet up with friends who live there.

Two weeks before the cruise while we were on the first cruise of our b2b we got an email saying "confirming 11 tour". We quickly emailed her back saying we couldn't do 11 and would have to cancel unless it could be 9. Another couple from our roll call also had a 9 am meet, but were not emailed change. Sarah emailed back saying sorry the tour was in fact at 9.

When we showed up at the designated spot, us, the other couple, and a couple from another ship all with 9 am meets on their confirmation. The dispatcher there for Glory had no info on us... after calling Sarah she said it was to be at 11. WE all corrected her and was told a van would be there in 10 min... needless to say after one hour of waiting in the heat a van showed up and we were taken on the tour. But the tour was dragged out as he had everything booked for an 11 departure. Even the snorkeling turned out to be sad, we went out on the boat and got almost to the spot to jump in and the boat was radioed and turned around and picked up four more people. So we only had about 45 min to snorkel.

We got back to the pier at 3:30, and missed meeting up with our friends and had to get back on board. We would of walked away when this all started but we had prepaid.

Sarah kept apologizing and she was very nice, but we were sorry we used their services especially after hearing so many good private tours in so many other ports.

This year we are going to use Silver Moon.

GG

Hi Connie - thank you for contacting me with Cameron's details. I e-mailed you to thank you but I got a message back saying it had been blocked by your spam filter. I had already found Cameron's website through another member and I haven't received anything back from him( probably due to spam filter) I wonder if you would mind contacting him for me and giving him my e-mail address so that I can book a tour with him. I can't think of any other way to get hold of him! Obviously you had no problem getting through by e-mail.

Thank you so much for your help.

Joyce

Hi Connie,

I did hear back from Cameron Reid so I don't need any help to get in touch with him now as my e-mail did get through!

I will book a tour with him and thanks again for all the info and for your e-mail.

Joyce

Hi Connie,

I did hear back from Cameron Reid so I don't need any help to get in touch with him now as my e-mail did get through!

I will book a tour with him and thanks again for all the info and for your e-mail.

Joyce

hello Joyce: can you email me with Cameron's email address so I too can book a tour through him before our upcoming cruise this fall. Thank you Joyce and it is exciting to meet someone from Queensland AU on cruisecritic.com. My husband and I have friends from your area and we hope to get over to see your homelands some day soon. Please email me at jhomsher@fuse.net. THank you Joyce

CincinnatiGal

GG

please,:cool: Yes Thank you!!!! Nancie@Austin.rr.com

We always hire a car and driver! Then you go exactly where you want and stay as long as you wish! We just have the best time and have ended up in such interesting places!

We have resreved a car and driver from Johnson's for 8 hours. Last year, we booked through the ship, which we never do, we booked Monkey encounter 4x4 through the ship. Well to our surprise the tour was canceled and we did not know until we were in the terminal looking for our 4x4 tour people!

We found someone to do a private tour but did not have the time, by then, to do the monkeys. We ended up at the most beautiful botanical gardens! The second stop was Rockley beach! Just plain heaven! Our day was just perfect!

Private tours for two are the way to go for us. You do not wait for everyone else at every stop. If you didlike a stop you just leave and stop at some of the best places that do not do groups.

Thank you

We also would like a car and driver, how do I get in touch with Johnson?

Thanks! Nancie

GG

Yes! Please! Nancie@Austin.rr.com

Ditto to that!

We also used Cameron Reid for our tour in Barbados on our Nov. 2007 cruise on the Explorer. We did the scenic tour with him and it was excellent. He had another driver with him that day but he was the narrator. The van was very clean and roomy (there were 8 of us). He knows the island very well and had excellent suggestions as to where to go and if you had specific requests he would honor them also.

We will be in Barbados in Nov. 2008 and will be booking another excursion with Cameron.

Ingrid & Clarence

We are going to be there Nov. 26 on the Constellation and you?

What's the big secret? Does CC not let us post tour sites anymore on here?

I kept scrolling down looking for a website for Cameron and everyone is doing the "email me please"...

Please post his website and email addy.

Thanks!

What's the big secret? Does CC not let us post tour sites anymore on here?

I kept scrolling down looking for a website for Cameron and everyone is doing the "email me please"...

Please post his website and email addy.

Thanks!

Found this in another thread:

www.scenicbarbados.com

email: admin@scenicbarbados.com

I have emailed Cameron (almost a week ago) but have not heard back from him yet. I am going to follow up with another email. If I still receive no answer, I guess I'll have to look elsewhere. :(

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone Have The Web Page Or E-mail For Cameron Reid On Barbados Thanking You In Advance For The Info

Yes! His email is camireid@yahoo.com

You'll be so pleased with him!! If there's a delay, then it's probably due to this being the "down" season in the Caribbean when tour guides and others dependent on tourism take vacations themselves.

We've booked Cameron before and have already contacted him to take us touring again. Barbados + Cameron = WONDERFUL!:)

Best,

GG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Grammer--

Where did you go and what did you do?

Thanks,

Nancy

GG

For those who did a tour with Cameron, where all did you go? Did you have to tell him what you wanted to see, or did he make suggestions? This will be our first time at this port, and I didn't know if there were any "must see" spots? We really wanted to see Harrison's Caves, but they are closed the day we are in port.

Thanks!

For those who did a tour with Cameron, where all did you go? Did you have to tell him what you wanted to see, or did he make suggestions? This will be our first time at this port, and I didn't know if there were any "must see" spots? We really wanted to see Harrison's Caves, but they are closed the day we are in port.

Thanks!

Here is what he sent me:

My tours are 3 to 4 hours Us 135.00 dollars for the car ( can carry 4 persons ) in excess of 4 hours is an additional $ 34.00 per hour

At the moment entrance fee for Wildlife Reserve is $ 11.50 pp

My tours are personalize ( just you and your party and where you want to go )

There is Scenic , Historical , Garden and Rum distillery, you can have a combination of all if you so desire.

Please note all places other than Scenic carry an entrance fee which you will have to pay

Have a nice day

Cameron Reid

Archived