Star - Puerto Vallarta - Ship vs. Local Time

upfee

Hello!

Does anyone who has been on the Star know the difference between ship and local time?

Basically I am trying to determine if we have time to do both Los Veranos and get massages at Krystal. Itinerary indicates we are in port from 9AM to 5PM.

Has anyone just "walked-in" to Krystal for massages without an appointment?

Thanks!

star ship time is one hour behind local time of vallarta.

ps. los veronos has had 2 deaths and countless injuries on thier tour.....not safe at all.

When I get asked I recommend Vallarta Adventures´ canopy zip line tour because they are the only company that uses a double zip line and each zip line holds a ton.....literally! They have never had a serious injury and I am telling you they are much better.:)

I knew I'd seen this answered on another thread... I just located it and confirmed that there is a one hour difference. To be really clear, the difference is:

1pm Ship Time = 2pm PV Time

The Star arrives at 9am - that means 10am PV time.

We'll be on her in less than a month!! I can't wait!!! :)

I knew I'd seen this answered on another thread... I just located it and confirmed that there is a one hour difference. To be really clear, the difference is:

1pm Ship Time = 2pm PV Time

The Star arrives at 9am - that means 10am PV time.

We'll be on her in less than a month!! I can't wait!!! :)

Do not assume that the arrival time and departure time listed in the itinerary match ship's time.

We spend several weeks each year watching the ships arrive and leave. NCL Star arrives closer to 9AM than 10 AM.

If you haven't done so already, I would call NCL direct and ask what time the ship will dock and I would post the same question on the NCL board in the hope that somebody that has actually been on the Star can tell you when they really did dock.

NCL has excursions that start at 10:30 local time. I think it would be real do-able to make an 11 AM Los Veranos and be back to the Krystal for a 3 or 3:30 PM massage. It is unlikely that you would be able to "walk-in" and get a massage when there are three ships in port.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip. I always hope my ship will arrive in port on time, but I never expect it. :) I just used the times to illustrate the time difference. I actually changed the time of our booking in PV because it was at 11am, and between the time difference and the unpredictability of the seas, I just didn't want to risk being late.

I have looked into this, and the ship never changes its time, but the ports are different.

The ship is on Pacific Time and always stays on that, regardless of where it is. That is important to keep in mind as far as getting back to the ship before it leaves the port.

Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan are on Mountain time, 1 hour ahead of the ship. i.e., The ship reaches port at 9am, but it is 10am in these two ports.

Conversely, if it is 6pm in Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan, it is only 5pm on the ship.

Puerto Vallarta is just over the line into Central time, 2 hours ahead of the ship. So if it is 9am on the ship when it arrives in Puerto Vallarta, it is 11am in Puerto Vallarta.

It's a good idea that you are booking later on a "off ship" excursion.

I decided to change my plans when I looked into it, too.

Holly

I appreciate all the responses. However, now I'm very concerned about the

post above where it is mentioned there have been deaths on the Los Veranos Tour!!!! I've never read anything other than they were extremely safe.

Does anyone know about any deaths/injuries at Los Veranos?

I appreciate all the responses. However, now I'm very concerned about the

post above where it is mentioned there have been deaths on the Los Veranos Tour!!!! I've never read anything other than they were extremely safe.

Does anyone know about any deaths/injuries at Los Veranos?

I would challenge Drewskimillmills to back up his claims. I have never heard or seen anything that would indicate there have been any deaths on the Los Veranos excursion or any of the other 4-5 canopy/zipline excursions in Vallarta.

We just returned from the Norwegian Star this week. Great cruise! The Norwegian Star moves its clocks ahead one hour the second night on board. That means that in Puerto Vallarta, the ship time is one hour behind local time. In Cabo San Lucas, ship time was the same as local time. This is true for the Star. Other ships may not change times.

We have done the canopy tour with Los Veranos, and found them to be very safety-conscious. I have never heard of accidents or deaths. I would be interested to know if that is true.

I would challenge Drewskimillmills to back up his claims. I have never heard or seen anything that would indicate there have been any deaths on the Los Veranos excursion or any of the other 4-5 canopy/zipline excursions in Vallarta.

I heard about 1 man dead last winter., However this mand died of a heartattack, which could have happened anywhere...

I'll chime in on the Canopy tour in PV. We just got back from the Dawn and booked Los Veranos. We had a blast, and felt very safe the entire time. The guides are incredible safety concious and very entertaining. Did not at any time feel that Los Veranos was unsafe. By the 3rd zip line, you are having a great time! BTW, we just took the local bus from the ship to old PV near the pick up point for Los Veranos. Bus stop is only 3 short blocks away. Very easy to hop on a bus to old PV and back to the ships ( Sams & Walmart area )

and for $.50 , how can you beat the price.

Don't be so sure about asking onboard...we were on Carnival's Valor in Sept. and the crew refused to answer the time question for ship and port. Their response was if we book excursions on ship there is no problem with time. Jeff the "shopping" expert was a down right ass about the subject.

Archived