Which NCL ship is your favorite?

jami98

Hey everybody. I am just curious as to know which NCL ship is your favorite ship and why? I have cruised Royal Caribbean before and was interested to learn that some people cruise with the same ship/different itinerary because they love the ship so much. So which one is your favorite?

We love Norwegian Dawn because it was our introduction to freestyle cruising. Our fond memories of the Dawn include the following:

Breakfast in the elegant Venetian dining room.

Dinner in the intimate Impressions restaurant.

Dancing to the Anna Y Los Vientos quartet in the atrium.

Enjoying the piano and vocal artistry of Pamala Stanley in Gatsby's

Big Band dancing in the Spinakker Lounge to Moonlight Serenade.

Shrimp frajitas in Salsa under that beautiful stained glass ceiling.

Vladimir Krevian at the grand piano in the atrium.

The beautiful brass New York scene sculptures on the stairway above Le Bistro.

Oysters Rockefeller and Filet Mignon in Cagneys

We were sad when the Dawn left New York for Miami but are delighted she will be returning to take us to Bermuda in October. Welcome back Dawn.

I would have to say honestly that the favorite ship on NCL is either the current one I am on or the one I plan to cruise on in the near future. Every ship I have read reviews on made me want to book them. The crew are awesome and the rooms are wonderful. As the song says" If you're not with the one you love, love the one you are with".

We liked the Pearl best. It was only two months old when we sailed, had the best food, and bowling in the aft nightclub was a unique experiance at sea or on land! We have been on the Pearl, Jewel (twice), Sun and one other NCL ship years ago whose name eludes me.

We've been on the Sea (now retired), the Sun, the Jewel, and the Pearl. I tend to agree with the poster that said whichever ship she's on or has a cruise booked on is her favorite :D !

I can find something to love about each ship, and really don't know that I can pick one "favorite". I prefer the size of the Sun, the bathrooms on the Jewel (and the Pearl, they're almost identical), and the comfortable loungers on the Pearl. I'll always remember the Sea fondly as that was the first ship we sailed on.

My first cruise was aboard the Jewel, toured Italy. Second cruise, the Jewel; cruised Eastern Caribbean. Third cruise; the Eastern Caribbean on the Dawn. Dawn was my least favorite: the crew taking care of my cabin were "uninterested" to say the least. Never did learn their names; never got adequate service. I had to call room service every afternoon to get ice bucket refilled. Apathetic, at best. This was deck 9 by the way

That said, I still love NCL. They need to watch out for the "sourpusses".

LYVMMFC,

b

I liked the Norway because that was our first cruise that introduced us to NCL since then it's been the Sea, Wind, Pearl, Sun and next month Star. Got to love em all! A few other cruise lines in between, but hey we all stray once in awhile.:D We really enjoyed the Pearl with all the new concepts--bowling was a hoot.

I really like whichever ship NCL has sailing from Houston best. Just because it's closer. Since NCL doesn't sail from Houston anymore, my favorite sails from the next closest port, New Orleans, so that makes my favorite the Spirit this year and next.

I do love the Asian decor on the Spirit, and the aft facing open decks. It's also sized appropriately, not too small and not too big.

It will not be long, possibly by very late 2009 or early 2010, that the Spirit will be the smallest ship in NCL's fleet. Which is amazing when you think about it, a larger ship in gross tons than the old SS Norway being considered small.

Just goes to show in which direction the major cruise lines are heading......

We didn't like the Jewel nearly as much as the Spirit ... physically, the ships were the same, but as my husband commented about the Jewel -- he has never been told "no" so many times on a vacation (and we don't make unreasonable requests!). Perhaps the crew was just frazzled with the holiday crowd, but it the worst service (and worst main dining room food) we have had on NCL.

Of course, I think the Sea will always be our favorite -- can't beat the excitement of the first time cruising!!

Hopefully the Dawn will be a favorite soon!

I would have to say honestly that the favorite ship on NCL is either the current one I am on or the one I plan to cruise on in the near future. Every ship I have read reviews on made me want to book them. The crew are awesome and the rooms are wonderful. As the song says" If you're not with the one you love, love the one you are with".

EileenN...? Ya hit it right on the nail-head!:D

While you're certainly entitled to your opinion, please keep in mind that many of us "newbies" come on here for info. Comments like that for someone who's already BOOKED a trip on NCL just creates concern and paranoia...

:(

You might have had a bad time on your NCL cruise, but that doesn't mean all NCL cruises are bad.

On the contrary, I just returned from a trip with my DH and brother and SIL on the NCL Spirit and **LOVED IT**!!! (So there! :p )

-Sarah

Majesty is my favorite. She doesn't have the largest cabins, but I love the intimate feel of this ship. Probably would of loved the Norwegian Crown also, but never got to sail her. Always thought the Crown would somehow do shorter cruises from Miami as had other older NCL ships in the past. The same logic I had about the Dream and Wind was misguided also.

Past favorite ship no longer in service to NCL would have to be the Leeward. I hate to say even more so then the Norway... They didn't get much smaller than the Leeward in the late 90's. Promenade deck being closed one afternoon due to wave action will tell you something. Actually, the Norwegian Dynasty was smaller but she left about the same time as the Leeward when her lease to NCL was up.

There were a total of three children on this ship. Mine being two of them. They were announced as 'the boys' by the CD at every event. Ship had around 650 passengers and double occupancy capacity was at 950. This was back before the days of widespread internet usage when cruise lines had a harder time filling up their ships at the last minute.

You have to be kidding!

NCL is at the VERY bottom of our favorite cruise lines.

One cruise was enought to convince us to NEVER go back.

We avoid NCL like the flu.

We have so far cruised 18 times with 8 different cruise lines. NCL was the ONLY BAD ONE.

I believe the question was, "What is your FAVORITE NCL ship?" If you don't have one, return to the Steamboats site. Fortunately, a lot of people disagree with you and will keep enjoying NCL. We have cruised Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, HAL, RCI and for us, NCL is at the top of our favorite cruise lines.

We have so far cruised 18 times with 8 different cruise lines. NCL was the ONLY BAD ONE.

I guess you didn't mean it then about the Destiny & you enjoyed it when HAL overbooked (of course it appears you got them to give you a cruise for that) ;)

I guess you didn't mean it then about the Destiny & you enjoyed it when HAL overbooked (of course it appears you got them to give you a cruise for that) ;)

Yes I did mean what I said about the Destiny. The small kids were too bad for anyone to handle. Their parents basically let them run wild so that they could booze it up.

But our NCL cruise was worst than our Destiny cruise.

HAL is the one that made the mistake and booked our cabin twice. And yes a FREE cruise is very hard to turn down.

Archived