Which NCL ship is your favorite?

jami98

My favorite NCL ship is currently the Star. Why? Because I'm going to be on her in less than a month!! :)

Perhaps I think about things differently... but I've been on (only?) five cruises in my life so far, and to me, the ship itself isn't what makes the cruise great (and they have all been great). Every ship has different amenities, certainly, but it's what the people bring to them that make all the difference. Since the people aren't attached to any ship in particular (even the crew can move, and certainly will be different from cruise to cruise), the same ship will be a different experience every time. So, for me, my favorite ship is the one I'm ON... or looking forward to going on, in any case! :)

I shouldn't have said the same, so much as similar compared to other NCL ships we had been on. They were both modern, had additional for-fee restaurants, many of the bars/lounges looked the same / had the same layout and same/similar names.

I've never seen anyone say those two ships are physically the same b4. :eek:

(at the risk of opening the above), why do people read threads such as yours if they despise the cruise line so much. If it were ME, I wouldn't even be reading the NCL thread.

Sometimes you just have to say, "Hmmmm".

Steamboatin - don't hijack my thread please. If you don't have a favorite NCL ship, please move along. Thanks:D

You have to be kidding!

NCL is at the VERY bottom of our favorite cruise lines.

One cruise was enought to convince us to NEVER go back.

We avoid NCL like the flu.

We have so far cruised 18 times with 8 different cruise lines. NCL was the ONLY BAD ONE.

like we really care..take your 18 times and just leave:mad:

i can t stand it when people don t contribute to answering

the OP s original question.

I don't go to other lines' threads, so I can't tell you whether or not there are NCL/Freestyle promoters who run around bashing other lines... but it seems that here on the NCL board, there are just some cruisers who prefer other lines (for whatever reason) and they seem to have taken it upon themselves to 'protect' unsuspecting cruisers from making the life shattering mistake of cruising NCL. Gosh, I hope NCL doesn't go bankrupt over it. :p

The Star is suppose to be the sister

ship to the Dawn but I feel there is

a definite difference.

While we enjoyed the Dawn very much (2x)

the ship (NCL Star) and crew outdid themselves.icon14.gif

The Spirit is a close second. ;)

I've sailed on the Dawn and Spirit . . . and had a great time on both. Hope to sail on the Gem next. If forced to choose, I'd have to go with the Spirit. The Dawn may have been newer, but the Spirit had a more intimate feel (not an easy feat with a +70,000 ton ship).

But as others have said, whatever ship I'm sailing on is my favorite. ;)

We have only sailed on one ship and that is the Star and feel in love with her. Took her to Alaska this past August and will sail again on her February 14, 2009 to the Mexician Riviera. The staff and crew were the best. Looking to book a cruise for Hawaii and for the Baltics in the near future also on NCL.

You have to be kidding!

We have so far cruised 18 times with 8 different cruise lines. NCL was the ONLY BAD ONE.

That wasn't the question and if NCL is so awful why are you hanging out on the NCl board? Thank goodness people with negative comments like yours are never taken seriously. You have cruised 18 times, 8 lines, big deal. Many of us have cruised many more times and find NCL great, In fact I have never cruised a line I wouldn't try a second time. What ship were you on and how about explaining why you feel this way? Of course that is if you come back and can give us reasons for your comments.

Nita

I have 2 favorites: the Sun and the Jewel, but I think the Jewel probably wins out. Both have great crews, the cabins on the Sun are a little bigger, but the bathrooms on the Jewel are the best of any line we have cruised. To make a point, when we were on the jewel the very first day: DH, who is man of few words (he lives with me, he has to be) all he could say was "WOW".

Nita

You have to be kidding!

We have cruised Carnival & NCL & enjoyed them all. Prefer free-style but won't stop us from cruising other lines. Went on 1 Royal Car. cruise on an older ship & weren't impressed. Realize this isn't a true representation of the line so will try them again on a newer ship. While NCL is our favorite, we like variety too.

You have to be kidding!

Hmmmm, so why are you spending time trolling on the NCL board?

Samtig - Glad you loved the Sun. We are booked on her in January so it was good to read.

I'm Gold on NCL so I've tried a few, but I have to say the most memorable was the Pride of America. I loved the American Crew and the ship. The food was amazing and the itinerrary-awesome! I also have fond memories of the Norway. True, it was an old ship and didn't have the freestyle dining but it was a really great old ship.

I have enjoyed each ship because they all have certain things about them, but the Jewel had the right mix and was the right size. I am nervous about the F3's, that is getting a bit too big, but I will try it and will end up loving it I bet.

HoopTroop

Pearl :D:D

color]<a href=color]

Holy crap that is a great picture! Going on my first cruise in January on the Dawn. I just might pee my pants when we get that close to ship for the first time. You have just made me even more excited for our cruise which I realy didn't think was possible!! Sorry to go off topic but I just could not let this picture pass by without saying thanks!!!:D :D :D

I've sailed the Wind, the Sea and the Sky (all of these are no longer in the fleet)

I will be sailing on the Majesty in 5 12 weeks....

My favorite was the Wind.

But I love them all!!!

Actually, the 1999 edition of the Sky is still in the fleet, just renamed in 2004 as the Pride of Aloha.

Archived