Arcade Games take Cash??

wannascuba

We are sailing on Freedom next month with our neighbors and kids. I am trying to find a small gift related to the cruise to give their children (ages 5-9) for Christmas. The gift certificates don't come in small amounts so I was thinking of a roll of quarters to use in the game room. Would they be able to use the quarters in there? I can't imagine small children having to use seapass cards to play.

This is my first post but I have been on these boards for a few months and I recommend this site to anyone interested in cruising. You all are a wealth of great information and have made planning my vacation so much easier. Thank you to everyone!!:)

I was just on the Liberty(just like Freedom) and the games themselves did not take cash, only seapass cards BUT they had machines in the arcade that let you use cash to put arcade credit on your seapass card. So, you could give them the money and they could put it on their seapass card in the arcade.

Thanks, I think I'll make up a certificate and give them cash instead of lugging around a roll of quarters!

If they are flying, you definately do not want to have a roll of quarters in your carryon.

My husband tossed a roll of quarters into my carryon and I got stopped because a roll of quarters looks suspicious. You do not want to be pulled aside and take extra time getting through security!

My kids didn't even ask to play in the arcade.

If they'd wanted to though, could I have put some money on their SeaPasses even though they didn't have charging privledges?

How old are your kids?

Got to see kids gobbling up the "cash" on their cards to play the machines. Beautiful ships, pools, mini-golf, etc. and kids were in the arcade all day long. I guess the parents think its cheaper than babysitters.

ALL DAY??? Glad our kids know better!

If they are flying, you definately do not want to have a roll of quarters in your carryon.

My husband tossed a roll of quarters into my carryon and I got stopped because a roll of quarters looks suspicious. You do not want to be pulled aside and take extra time getting through security!

dunno about flying, but i brought a bunch of quarters with me on my last cruise. i mean a bunch. i bought a slot machine to use as a bank, i think i saved up around $250 in quarters and brought them all to put into the slot machines on the boat. the security at the port had seen nothing like this football sized wad of quarters. they checked it out, and sent me on my way.

their slot machines ate all my slot machine's money. :)

Archived