Sailing on Gem on 3/22/08-Questions about NCL-hot nec. the Gem

Mich1121

How am I able to find out beforehand which nite will be Lobster nite and which nite will be the chocoholics buffet? My last cruise in April of 06 on the Spirit I feel like I missed so much because I found events out after they already took place and I do not want to miss anything this time. Any help anyone could give me would be great. Also, does anyone have an email contact with anyone from NCL? Like a cruise coordinator?

any of them could be changed at the last minute, do like others do and stick the Dailey newsletter in your pocket. every night, before we went to sleep..it's was a nightly thing to discuss the daily and see who wanted to do what. even the daily(s) i just posted, from last weeks cruise on the spirit, i would say to anyone who reads them: all times subject to change.

i forgot the highlighter this trip, to mark the Daily.

How am I able to find out beforehand which nite will be Lobster nite and which nite will be the chocoholics buffet? My last cruise in April of 06 on the Spirit I feel like I missed so much because I found events out after they already took place and I do not want to miss anything this time. Any help anyone could give me would be great. Also, does anyone have an email contact with anyone from NCL? Like a cruise coordinator?

After you board head right for the reception desk in the Grand Atrium on Deck 7. Ask them & they should have the menus for the main restaurants (Magenta & Grand Pacific). They should also know which night is the Chocoholic Buffet.

On our 12 day Gem cruise out of Barcelona they did NOT make a big deal about the Chocoholic Buffet. DW & I were lucky to notice it in the Freestyle Daily. So as Cathi points out, make it a habit to check the Freestyle for the next day before you retire for the night. On our cruise it was on the next-to-the-last night of the cruise. It'll be upstairs on Deck 12 in the Garden Cafe, Ours was quite good, btw.

RE: "Lobster Night....well...we didn't have one per se on our cruise on the Gem. One night we had a selection choice of Beef Wellington (VERY yummy!!) or an "Assorted Seafood" or "Seafood Assortment" dish which contained 1/2 of a lobster tail. I've read other posts from other cruisers on NCL ships that have also mentioned the lack of a Lobster Night. My advice; if you're that set on lobster, book a reservation in Cagneys one night & have it there.

Have a great cruise. The Gem is a GREAT ship!!!

Tom & Eileen

on the spirit, last week, lobster night was friday night...with the beef wellington. full lobster tails, mine was excellent..hot, tenders..grilled not broiled.

our chocolate buffet was the last sea day (saturday) down in windows, the main dining room.

2011559929_LobsterDinner.jpg.75de4449a56d446014a7d84002a14a00.jpg

Archived