Am I forgetting anything?

MMW37

We leave on the Legend on 12/16, it's our third Carnival cruise. We live in Tampa, so we have a ride lined up to the pier already. I have an envelope that's stuffed with our BCs (we're applying for passports right after the 1st of the year, I promise), marriage license, and all the info about our excursions - we book privately. I've made all the necessary deposits and know exactly how much cash we'll owe when we get there. I have all the maps and phone numbers that I should need to get to my guides. DH gets paid again on Friday, so we'll get cash out then and use the debit card for S&S - he cashed in some extra vacation time, so it'll be a nice check.

I've made a wine run (I know about the 1pp rule, I also ordered a couple bottles of bubbly to come to our room thru Bon Voyage). I made a WalMart run for OTC drugs (immodium, dramamine, etc.), extra shampoo, shaving products, and sunscreen. I still need to get a waterproof camera or two, since WalMart didn't have any for some reason. We have all the basics from previous cruises.

We haven't started packing, but I have started doing laundry and dropped some stuff at the dry cleaners. We did go shopping so I could get a couple of new skirts/blouses for dinner (non-formal nights, I already have 2 cocktail dresses). He tried on his suits, they still fit. I got a new bathing suit, since I left my favorite one in Belize last year.

Am I forgetting anything? Just printed the Fun Pass today, and I'm thinking of calling Bon Voyage again and getting some liquor for our stateroom too...we have a balcony and I like to sit out on it and have a few in private sometimes. Thanks! 4 more days!

Did you call your bank/credit card companies & let them know you are going on a cruise, where, dates etc so they can put a note on your account? Hate for them to put a stop to your cards in case of theft/fraud charges. Its happened before.:eek: Bring an extra card in case one gets demagnetized or is declined.

Have fun!

I am not even going to ask how you left your bathing suit in Belize....

It may be too late to have Bon Voyage add any more liquor to your cabin; so you may want to add something to the luggage ;)

Have a great cruise

I had made a big list of stuff to bring on our cruise on Dec 2, just from reading posts here on CC and I honestly thought "I won't need any of this", boy was I wrong!

I was very happy that I DID Bring a power strip (only one plug in the cabin), post it notes (to leave notes for steward or signifigant other), hightlighter pens and the one thing I used the most for various things - Duct Tape!

Have a great time! I sure did!

You are so far ahead of me and we leave on the same day! I love checking on here and being reminded of something else that a cruise guru has mentioned that a newbie like me would have never thought to take! :)

Have a great time on your cruise and we can compare our great times when we get back!! :D

Well, I left work early today with a migraine (on top of a nasty cold I've had all week). Now I have to go back this weekend and get ALL my documents, which are in a folder at work.

And I need to get some cash (I put everything on my S&S but I booked some independent excursions and need gambling cash). And I need to leave the mail carrier a note to not deliver until after Christmas.

And I haven't started packing. DD is on her way home from school right now. I already warned her that I'm not doing laundry all day tomorrow because I have a gazillion things to do (take the dogs to the kennel, go to the office and pick up docs, print out our boarding passes, PACK, and, most importantly, get a manicure & pedicure!).

I've never taken duct tape and am not taking it this time. I did get a power strip, though, and have Bonine, ginger tablets AND sea bands! And a little booze (decided I just wasn't going to lug big bottles around).

:D

Thanks for the ideas. I'm one of those people who makes list of the lists I've made. It helps me to pick and choose from other's list as well.

Isn't there a 'packing list' thread somewhere? The search keeps timing out on me.

If you have medicine you HAVE to take everyday, pack enough for the trip in each bag and your carry-on. That way if you lose your bags or your carry on gets stolen, you will have at least those meds. (Previous lesson there.)

Archived