HELP My worst nightmare/Elation,Riviera deck, last cabin

Seayalater

Why is it your worst nightmare?? Are you worried about movement??

Don't worry, it will be fine! We've had the very aft cabins before, and also the very forward on Legend. It wasn't bad at all!

If you are really super freaked out about it, call to see if you can get it changed. They probably have other cabins you could switch to!

Worst nightmare:confused: :confused: ?

Since I have never been on the Elation I can not speak about specifics...but generally the Riviera deck is a fine location. We actually CHOOSE aft cabins because of the location :rolleyes: .

My guess is that you will be fine. Go and enjoy....

On our October 2005 cruise, we had to change ships due to Hurricane Katrina relief efforts from Carnival. We were put on the Inspiration out of Tampa, guess what room we got R-239 very last room inside. You know it was not bad at all, just kind of a long walk from the elevators, but just helps to walk off those extra pounds from the dining room;) Go and don't worry, it will be a great cruise.

I was on the Rhapsoday in April and we got almost the aft on deck 2, it actually was pretty convenient to getting most places, just awfully from from an elevator. We thought it was a good location after all was said and done. I worried a bit before the cruise too.

I wish I had your nightmare, we have to wait until Feb. 4 to go on our next cruise. I dont care where my cabin is, so long as I'm on the ship somewhere. I'll sleep in a deck chair (and have, thank you very much Mr. Budweiser) if I have to, I just wanna go on more cruises!

Tell you what, if you're that unhappy I will take the cruise off your hands! Yes, I am that nice of a guy. Just pay the fare, taxes, port fees and tips for me and I will stay in that dank little box and row with the rest of the Riviera steerage.

Why did you book it then? I can't imagine this would be your worst nightmare. You, or someone you love, could be terminally ill. Now that would be a tragedy. I'm sure you could have found another ship that had cabins more to your liking. Not sure where you are going with this? Please suck it up and try to have fun. No one forced you to take the cabin, so I am having a hard time sympathizing. I figure if I'm on a cruise then life is great! Who cares where I sleep?

hey all

thanks for all the replys.

We booked thru Expedia on a cheap fare, last minute spur of the moment. This is our 7th cruise and we have always booked through a travel agent, so we have known our rooms and deck for months. I just have never been so low on the ship, at the very back and I worry about motion sickness. I have never been to the Pacific. I guessed I phrased it wrong. I just wanted advice.

hey all

We booked thru Expedia on a cheap fare, last minute spur of the moment. This is our 7th cruise and we have always booked through a travel agent, so we have known our rooms and deck for months. I just have never been so low on the ship, at the very back and I worry about motion sickness. I have never been to the Pacific. I guessed I phrased it wrong. I just wanted advice.

The only difference between the decks is the signage at the elevators. Everything else is the same. You wont even notice it unless you take the stairs.

hey all

You'll be fine hon. I get motion sickness, but the non-drowsy Dramamine works great for me. Just take it, whether or not you feel sick (once you feel sick, it is often too late). We've been on the lowest deck several times. Lowest is best for motion. However, since you're so far aft, you will feel motion more than if your cabin was midship.

As another poster said...bright side is you have farther to walk at times. We also shun elevators in favor of the stairs and have not gained any weight on our last three cruises! Your hallway should be very quiet also. No worries!

Help Anyone!!

We are booked on the last cabin in back on the Elation to Mexico in January

and on the bottom deck Riviera.

This is my worst nightmare.

Anyone have any advice or words to calm me down?

maria

I was just in E244 on the Fascination and I loved the aft location. I've been on Riviera in the past, towards the back but not at the very aft, and didn't have any problem. Riviera is Deck 4, so there are still 3 decks below you.

Why did you book it then? I can't imagine this would be your worst nightmare. You, or someone you love, could be terminally ill. Now that would be a tragedy. I'm sure you could have found another ship that had cabins more to your liking. Not sure where you are going with this? Please suck it up and try to have fun. No one forced you to take the cabin, so I am having a hard time sympathizing. I figure if I'm on a cruise then life is great! Who cares where I sleep?

Was this really called for?:rolleyes:

Help Anyone!!

We are booked on the last cabin in back on the Elation to Mexico in January

and on the bottom deck Riviera.

This is my worst nightmare.

Anyone have any advice or words to calm me down?

maria

I'm going 01/07/08 on the Elation and have E16. Don't sweat the motion. Take along some non drowsy Dramamine, ginger tablets or candied ginger...The day between Cabo and Ensenada can get rocky..But your on a cruise so have fun and think about all the poor stiffs that are stuck at work!

I got a roll of chewable Bonine. By the time I felt like I needed something the Dramamine I had was in those plastic punch out things and I NEEDED them now and felt so bad I could hardly punch them out thru the plastic them embed them in. The roll was easier to get to and the Bonine lasts 24 hours.

It will be fine. We have been on the Riviera deck a couple of times, and we love that we are right there when we get into port. And the walk to the elevators does make you think you are getting a suitable form of exercise in. :) We never feel motion until that very last night when the ship is hauling butt trying to get back to Miami. But even so, its not bad. I think your location will be fine, and you will have a blast.

Archived