I feel stupid for asking....but

Dialemic

i didnt know what Bill W was either (the cruise guide you get daily always mentions a 'Friends of Bill W' meeting

34. Friends Of Bill W. - If you see a notice for a meeting of the "Friends of Bill W." and you don't get an invitation don't be upset. The "Friends of Bill W." is just the way the cruise ships announce their meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous. If you see a meeting for "Friends of Dorothy", that would be a get acquainted meeting for gay and lesbians.

• 1 month later...

OK my sister showed me this site. She probably would think I'm stupid if I'd ask her this so maybe some kind(er) soul might take pity on me.

When she is on there aren't the pictures and cartoons and everything starts at the last post rather than the first post on each of the threads. While I like everyones' pictures and stuff, it just takes too long to go through all of them -- how come she doesn't have all that stuff?

The only "stupid" question is the one not asked. Several years ago I joined an online game site. Everyone was chatting away with lots of "LOLs" thrown in. I thought it meant "lots of luck." WRONG. I felt like a goof - I kept typing it out everytime it was someone else's turn! Thank goodness I learned that LOL really means "laughing out loud." (I can only imagine what the other players thought of me!)

MNLOONIE - go to the "User CP" at the top left corner of the page - click on it and change your settings. That will get rid of the signatures so your pages load faster.

What does DH mean? Im prolly really retarded. All those lil DH DS whatever, fill me in please?

I see folks typing "prolly" a lot. Do you actually mean "probably?"

it seems to crop up in txt'g and BBS's a lot

Archived