Network TV on Princess

Evilgrin72

On Carnival, all the stations are Denver affiliates, which I always found kind of cool - especially in winter, when they talk about snowstorms and you're in the Caribbean. :D

Anyone know where the network stations on Princess broadcast from?

They have TNT, but it is not normal TNT with Law and Order and regualar programming. Instead it is like a movie type channel. Otherwise, the only non-recorded programming is CNN Headline news (no commercials aired, only the stock index page at that time) and ESPN. Occasional Monday and Sunday night football games were shown. Also, cartoon network, but it was in Spanish!

Clearly they pick up the network feeds for specific special events but they do not pick up the regular programming for any particular affiliate so you are not going to be able to watch all the shows you would be able to if they carried an NBC affiliate out of Miami, for example.

I watch as much TV as anybody at home but I must say I don't miss it for a second on the cruise. There is just too much else to see and do.

Clearly they pick up the network feeds for specific special events but they do not pick up the regular programming for any particular affiliate so you are not going to be able to watch all the shows you would be able to if they carried an NBC affiliate out of Miami, for example.

I watch as much TV as anybody at home but I must say I don't miss it for a second on the cruise. There is just too much else to see and do.

I'm not worried about missing The Office - the main reason I asked was because of football. Whatever city they're picking the feed up from would dictate what game is being broadcast.

I'm not worried about missing The Office - the main reason I asked was because of football. Whatever city they're picking the feed up from would dictate what game is being broadcast.

You will find any football game you want to watch somewhere on the ship. I always have. Usually watch my Patriots in the playoffs in January and look forward to watching it on MUTS this year as well!

I think the only reason we had some of the college games on our last cruise was that it was during the bowl season. And even then, the signal wasn't reliable.

Mostly the in-cabin tv is programmed material (and maybe regular Discovery Channel and Boomerang) and movies. One of the channels on our last cruise was all French (we were watching "The Incredibles" and "Bewitched" in French), but that was because there was a large group of people from France and other French-speaking countries onboard.

I keep watching the AFI specials they keep running too.

A few years ago while on the Carnival Paradise, we asked a bartender if he could get a football game for us on his TV because we couldn't in our room. He did and we got to watch our beloved Ohio State University Buckeyes!! I was very grateful. But a few months ago on the Sun Princess we couldn't find anyone who could get any college football. :(

GO BUCKS!! We're No. 1 again! :D

You will find any football game you want to watch somewhere on the ship. l!

this is not true during regular season. On any given day there are 6 games on a Sunday-- If the game is a national game that is the game that will be shown on the tv on a cruise ship.

Archived