Massages in Mazatlan, PV and Cabo san Lucas

shops54

Last month, we had great massages at the Krystal Hotel (like many other fellow Cruise Critic members!). We had two 75 minute relaxation massages for $75, from what we've heard is about the going rate for massages in that region of Mexico. The resort itself was beautiful - you can stay there the entire day if you want. The facilities were clean and the staff were professional. The massages were done in enclosed tents near the beach.

Here is a link to their website - the prices are in pesos (and they give you deals for booking via email etc...)

http://www.go2vallarta.com/milleniummassage/

The Krystal is on the beach - there is beach access near the massage tents and by the pool. We weren't there for sunset, I think there would great view from the pool area (which we found to be nicer than the beach). The one pool is an 'affinity' pool over looking the ocean.

Not sure if this will work - but here is a picture of the pool.

http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=183020370/PictureID=4042975738/a=4947717_4947717/t_=4947717

This site lists sunrise/sunset in PV for the month of January. However, I know it is an hour off, because we were just there, and it was pitch dark at 6:30 am. Also, our happy hour ended at 6, and we had to sit a while afterwards to watch the sun go down. So add one hour to all times. Remember not to blink...the sun sets quickly! And look for the green flash.

http://www.thesunrisetimes.com/Mexico/Puerto_Vallarta,_Jalisco,_Mexico_.aspx

Thanks Suzi - the pics were great and the time zone info is wonderful also. Does anyone know if ship time aboard the Oosterdam is one hour earlier or one hour later than Mexico time? I heard it was one hour different and we sure don't want to miss our ship. Also the schedule for Oosterdam says it leaves PV at 10:00 but I heard it boards considerably earlier because of the dark?? We are meeting friends on their honeymoon and want to set a time. Thanks so much! 10 days and counting!

We had massages at the Krystal in October, they were great. I had the same problem with the slow response to emails but they finally did respond. I had the 4 hand massage, and frankly, I think I prefer a normal 2 hand better. The 4 hand was kinda like sensory overload where you could not concentrate on enjoying one spot because there was always something going on somewhere else. If that makes any sense at all! Enjoy!!:D

We had massages at the Krystal in October, they were great. I had the same problem with the slow response to emails but they finally did respond. I had the 4 hand massage, and frankly, I think I prefer a normal 2 hand better. The 4 hand was kinda like sensory overload where you could not concentrate on enjoying one spot because there was always something going on somewhere else. If that makes any sense at all! Enjoy!!:D

Makes total sense to me...I was wondering about just that kind of thing, since I seem to get sensory overload easily (and don't enjoy it). Thanks for posting this.

I have emailed the Krystal twice to try and set up massages but have not received a response. Any suggestions?

Karrie

I emailed once and was going to try again tonight. Any ideas on getting a response from them?

I assume you are actually emailing Millenium Spa and not the Krystal, as they are separate entities. Email every few days until you get a response...I have found that sometimes email messages take days to get through, and sometimes just get lost in cyberspace when emailing to/from Mexico.

A good place for massages in Mazatlan is the Aroma Spa. It's in the old town section, and the cabbies know where it is - it was a $10 cab ride. I had a wonderful one hour treatment for $25. We found out about it from a crewmember, and recognized several staffers going in, which I'd say is a pretty good endorsement!

I'm so glad I found this board... thank you all SO much for the info! I will be in Maztlan on my birthday (2-14) on the Carnival Pride and a nice long massage will be a wonderful birthday present (as if the cruise isn't enough!) The beachside massage I had in Costa Maya on my last cruise was my favorite part of the whole vacation!!!

Thanks again!

Berliner,

Walk out the port gate and take a right and walk 4-6 blocks. Give yourself about 15 minutes to be safe. It's a safe area and you pass 3-4 other hotels on the way. The Krystal is on the right - set back just a bit. You stop in at the desk and they will give you a map of the resort and send you back. You will see 3 attached tents and a little outdoor seating area around a tree or palapa where you wait for the attendant. It is just up the sand from the beach and the hot tubs are down the beach to the left and the pool is on beach to the right.

Remember two things: 1. You must pay cash and 2. The Krystal is on PV time and your ship (HAL for sure) may be on another time. Let me clarify: My ship time was 4:00 when we arrived for our 5:00 massage. It was indeed wonderful and my husband, who was a bit skittish about having a massage but did it for me (we had a couple's massage for our 20th anniversary) just loved it. And yes you can use their facilities.

agree great info here ,can anyone enlighten me where the Krystal is and how to get there?can you stay there before or after the massage?

thx in advance

I believe the answer above takes you out on to the main road. There's another route. When you exit the white customs gate (I don't know how else to describe it but you'll recognize it when you're there), make a right, staying within the cruise terminal boundaries. Walk toward the flea market area in the back. Before you get to it, on the left side will be a gate leading out to a small street. It's next to a hotel that's 2-3 stories high (mustard colored as I recall). Walk straight down that street till it dead ends/curves back on to the main street.

Where it dead ends is the Krystal. There'll be a guard at the gate. If you tell them you have a massage appointment, they'll let you through without collecting a day fee. The guard will likely not speak English though so you'll need to say "Tengo una cita del masaje." The guard won't have a map for you but here's where you go from there:

There will be a path on the right going toward the beach. Take that till you reach another path/road right before you hit the main pool area. If you get to the pool/beach, you've gone too far. Make a left on that path and keep walking till you pass the huge palapa hut bar by the main pool. You'll see Millenium's huts on the right hand side in a grassy area. It's next to one of the hotel room buildings with a kiddie pool next to it.

Archived