Mariner replacement announcement coming soon!

skyking

Hello All,

I forgot to mention this last week, but at our company Christmas party last Wed night our RCCL rep told me that an announcement on the Mariner replacement was just a few weeks away. I can tell you that most all will be very happy, although he did not tell what specific ship will be taking it's place, he did say it was bigger than a Voyager class:) He also did say that PC will go a few months without a 7 day sailing once Mariner leaves....SOOOO expect it soon, I will pry for more info this week.

Hello All,

I forgot to mention this last week, but at our company Christmas party last Wed night our RCCL rep told me that an announcement on the Mariner replacement was just a few weeks away. I can tell you that most all will be very happy, although he did not tell what specific ship will be taking it's place, he did say it was bigger than a Voyager class:) He also did say that PC will go a few months without a 7 day sailing once Mariner leaves....SOOOO expect it soon, I will pry for more info this week.

As Port Everglades has already been named as homeport for the Independence and the two Genesis class ships, the only option, if your info is correct, is to yank Freedom or Liberty from Miami.

This works for us as POC is just at the edge of our "can do" distance for a road trip. But it really seems odd that RCCL would yank so much tonnage from the "Home Office."

Can anyone speculate why RCCL appears to be parting with Miami?

As Port Everglades has already been named as homeport for the Independence and the two Genesis class ships, the only option, if your info is correct, is to yank Freedom or Liberty from Miami.

This works for us as POC is just at the edge of our "can do" distance for a road trip. But it really seems odd that RCCL would yank so much tonnage from the "Home Office."

Can anyone speculate why RCCL appears to be parting with Miami?

They could be moving the Independence to PC in the fall of 09 on her return from Europe.

So if the Liberty moved from Miami after Mariner left in Feb 09 do you think it would move right away? I am booked on Liberty for April 09 don't care where I leave from just wondering.....

Could be interesting... asked the RCCL rep at last mtg. and also asked Loyalty Ambassador on Majesty in Nov... they just laughed off the ??? and said soon we will all know...

we are just back from eastern caribbean on Freedom of the Seas, the hotel manager told us at the captains 'afternoon tea party' that the first of the Genesis class will be based in Port Canaveral as they offered better 'incentives' to homeport there rather than Miami

we are just back from eastern caribbean on Freedom of the Seas, the hotel manager told us at the captains 'afternoon tea party' that the first of the Genesis class will be based in Port Canaveral as they offered better 'incentives' to homeport there rather than Miami

I can already tell you that is NOT true.....RCCL has already announced Ft Lauderdale ( GOOD luck with that) as the homeport for both Genesis ships.

We are just off Radiance and "a good source" told us it will be Liberty.

Interesting! It was the Cap't. of Liberty on a Sept cruise who announced at a Crown and Anchor cocktail party that it would definitely be a Freedom class ship.

They could be moving the Independence to PC in the fall of 09 on her return from Europe.

This makes a lot of sense the timing is good too. That leave PC with a short gap of say 7 months +-. It is going to be interesting to see either way it goes....

Friends sailed Mariner in September and they were told it would be Liberty in PC after Mariner leaves...

I see no problem with taking a ship out of Miami, they have a bunch of them already and they all pretty much do the same itinerary... Liberty and Freedom both out of Miami doing the exact same itinerary never made sense to me...

I will be happy with Liberty, Freedom, Independence or a Voyager class. This is good timing for us CCrs to announce it during the Christmas season even if my Hanukah is still a few days past -- LOL!!!! Very nice gift!!!

Liberty would be a very nice gift indeed, any Voyager or Freedom Class would be nice in there. I would not mind a Vision Class or a Radiance to go there either. Monarch is just a short time replacement for Sovereign and in 2010 I suspect we will see more ship relocations. Now if only the Cuban Castro's would go away they could open a bunch of new cruise opportunities in Cuba for the ships to explore :D

Interesting. It may just be that Port Everglades becomes the new major Caribbean hub for RCI.

The Independence will stay in Ft Lauderdale. The Genesis and Creation will be home ported there as well. The Liberty moving to Port Canaveral.

I don't know what Port Canaveral looks like (never sailed from there) but if I compare Port Everglades and the Port of Miami it makes sense. If I take away the recent problems and I assume for a moment that Port Everglades will renovate and upgrade it totally makes sense. The Port is just so much bigger than Port of Miami. Royal Caribbean will, after the redo have several berths available.

Now, according the letter from Mrs Kennedy #18 will be redeveloped to accommodate larger ships i.e a 33,000 sft warehouse into a passenger terminal. The development will be two phases.

#21 and #22/24 will be merged, #19 will be expanded. That is the entire midport section. So the Genesis Class will be docking at the new 'merged' pier (21/22/24), and the redeveloped #18 (which also could hold the Genesis Class), 25 remains for the 'smaller' ships (Vision/Radiance) and 19 can be used for Freedom Class ships as well.

I guess the agreement between RCI and Port Everglades is beyond just home porting a couple of ships. The almost entire midport is being redeveloped to hold RCI ships.

I wager a guess that Carnival will the be leaving from berth 4 (which is also being redeveloped and in sharing with Princess from berth 2 (also being redeveloped) and maybe 18 (currently 19).

Interesting. Of course I congratulate Port Canaveral if it holds true that the Liberty moves up north. Question is: who replaces the Liberty in Miami?

Archived