Balcony Fever!

ECP

Is there a cure? Did a balcony room 9184 on Destiny, now my girlfriend refuses to go on any more cruises unless they are balcony too.

Just tried pricing some cruises. Depending at which you look at a balcony can easily add $100-250pp to costs, and I make minimum wage! To make matter worse I really want to book two cruises next year, taking a cruise in December then coming back to months of winter with no follow-up cruise is for penguins

Help! Suggestions?.

LOL ...:p book early and a balcony guarantee.. they are cheaper then booking a specific cabin.

Balcony guarantee? I need to learn more I see, I will call my TA tomorrow to see how it works. Thanks.

I did the balcony when I was working at a great job. Now that I retiered from it I want to (and am) cruise more, I have to go without. I have to chose, 1 Balcony or 2/3 IN/OV. I look for the deals. I love to cruise to much to give up days at sea for Balcony.:D Besides that have these really big balconies top side.

Balcony guarantee? I need to learn more I see, I will call my TA tomorrow to see how it works. Thanks.

Yup check it out.. if you book for instance an 8A lowest cat balcony you are gty'd an 8A.. the only thing you don't know is where the cabin is on the ship..but you do run the chance of getting upgraded to a higher deck as well.. mind you that doesn't always happen.. but you would have a balcony.:)

Yup check it out.. if you book for instance an 8A lowest cat balcony you are gty'd an 8A.. the only thing you don't know is where the cabin is on the ship..but you do run the chance of getting upgraded to a higher deck as well.. mind you that doesn't always happen.. but you would have a balcony.:)

Balcony Snob!:rolleyes: :p

Let her pay.

She has already agreed to pay her half in all future cruises, as she makes a lot more money than me. I am the one making min. wage!

I am going to see what 'Balcony Guarantee' will get me, now that I know about it.

Problem is our TA did too good a job, I only paid $470pp for my cabin 9184 on Destiny.

Now I started checking future cruises and am suffering from sticker shock! Balconies don't come cheap on Carnival, and the other lines are still more expensive.

We have a balcony guarantee cabin for the cruise on our banner,

Book real early and off season- non peak

our balcony cabin worked out as cheap as outside cabin on later cruises closer to your Summer.and as cheap as inside cabins on cruises even Later- Mid Summer

Don't book in peak times and you get way better option choices

In all honesty I think you should tell her at this stage in your life you cannot afford a balcony and if gf doesn't understand that you probably have more to worry about than what a balcony cost.

So true ;)

Is there a cure? Did a balcony room 9184 on Destiny, now my girlfriend refuses to go on any more cruises unless they are balcony too.

Just tried pricing some cruises. Depending at which you look at a balcony can easily add $100-250pp to costs, and I make minimum wage! To make matter worse I really want to book two cruises next year, taking a cruise in December then coming back to months of winter with no follow-up cruise is for penguins

Help! Suggestions?.

check the specials on carnival .com often. (click on special tabs, then go through the various promotions in the drop down menu); sign up for email notifications of sales; cruise off season (which is when most these specials are given anyway).

In all honesty I think you should tell her at this stage in your life you cannot afford a balcony and if gf doesn't understand that you probably have more to worry about than what a balcony cost.

I don't really expect her to truly refuse a cruise if all I can afford is OV.

But she did her first cruise of 7 days with her son (Eastern Carribean, inside cabin), then a 4 day (Bahamas, OceanView) with me, next a 14 day with her son (Med, inside cabin), then we just did 7 days together (Southern Carribean, Balcony).

So you see, she has been primed into wanting balcony cruises, and LOVE must find a way. Thanks to your suggestions I think I can do it as I am aiming for both a Dec.2008 sailing followed with a Feb.2009 sailing.

Help! Suggestions?.

I am sure if you tell your girlfriend, there won't be any cruise if you don't get an inside room. She would gladly take the inside room. Or maybe you could suggest that she help out with the costs.

Archived