Dressing for dinner

betsyter

Will I be banned for life if I ask why the thread about the dress code was removed?

The threads were not removed, just closed. There are 3 threads on the topic, currently on page 2, that you can read, but not respond to. :)

I suspect that eventually a topic gets so done to death that continuing it simply exacerbates ill will, without adding much new info. on the topic. Seemed like everyone pretty much had their say, & the viewpoints were covered.

Richard.

ah, i found the one I recalled, and 2 more! i didn't mean to drag it out again, i just wasn't sure where they went.

they are amusing though...

i was just wondering what would get so bad around here to cause a thread to poof. for the most part people on this board are very civil.

Personally, I think that the topic of attire (formal vs. casual, Hatfield vs McCoy) should be banned from the forum. It always seems to go in the same direction, things get a little testy, and let's face it, there are only a few different answers, with subtle variations, to the question. Maybe it should be the eternal poll question and left on the site forever. Since I don't know how to build a poll, maybe someone else would like to. Here's the way I see it:

Once and for all, the be-all, end-all opinion about formal vs. anything-I-want in the dining room. How do you vote:

1. What part of "formal" do you not get?

2. My definition of "formal" is tux or jacket and tie.

3. Just because it is formal night doesn't mean that I can't wear a polo shirt and slacks to dinner.

4. I don't like wearing formal attire, so I go to another restaurant on formal night.

5. Don't tell me what to wear. It's my vacation, I paid for it. I'll dress any way I darn well please.

Did I leave anything out? Personally, it's number two, but that is why I think a super duper, one time only super poll would suffice.

I am not a big fan of formal nights while on vacation, wore a suit to work everday for over 20 years. I think us men do it for our wives, mine loves the opportunity to get all dressed up and for a 58 year old woman she is one very sexy lady when she gets all formaled up:D :D So I do not complain and do the formal thing and my wife looks fantastic and we are all very happy:D :D :D

Will I be banned for life if I ask why the thread about the dress code was removed?

I really found it interesting to read differing opinions on the topic.

Just curious really...

No, but the thread will be closed and/or your posts will be removed. Please read our guidelines. If you want to get more information about our guidelines and our hosting process, please read Cruise Critic Guidelines.

If you want more information, contact your Board's Host(s) [they are listed on the home page of each forum] or our Community Manager at community@cruisecritic.com.

Archived