Pregnancy note and Carnival

CanadianEh!

Before people start quoting carnivals pregnancy policy to let you know yes i am aware of the rule that is not what this is going to be about.

So we are cruising in January wife is within the 27 week restriction (Barely the Monday after we get back she enters week 27)

So doctor is doing the note not an issue. But more so just interested has anyone every actually been asked to produce the note?

and I have also looked high and low on carnivals page and actually have not seen anywhere that says that a note is required it looks like carnival just lets you go on the honor system.

anyone have any insight?

The way I read it in another thread (and I may be wrong) is that the new policies will only apply to new bookings after the date the policy changed, so this couple should be okay - but it would be best for them to check with Carnival.

Minor Guest Policy

Effective Tuesday, 12/11/07 for new bookings made:

Current Policy: If guests under the age of 21 are traveling with a guardian 25 years or older, (who is not a parent, grandparent or court-appointed legal guardian), they must travel in the same stateroom.

Change to Policy: The guest no longer needs to travel in the same stateroom as the guardian 25 years or older. The guest may now travel in a stateroom side-by-side or directly facing each other across the hall.

New Policy: Minors under the age of 14 may not be booked in a balcony stateroom unless an adult 25 years or older is booked in the same stateroom. This also applies to connecting staterooms with balconies.

Infant Guest Policy

Effective for new bookings made 1/01/08:

Current Policy: Infant guests must be at least four (4) months old to be eligible to travel, due to their vulnerable health.

Change to Policy: Infant guests must be six (6) months old to be eligible to travel for all itineraries with the exception of Transatlantic and Hawaii cruises. On Transatlantic and Hawaii cruises, the infant must be twelve (12) months old to be eligible to travel.

Pregnancy Policy

Current Policy: Any guest entering her third trimester (27 weeks or more) is not permitted to sail.

Change to Policy: Pregnant guests will only be permitted to sail if pregnant for 24 weeks or less at time of the cruise debarkation.

The note will probably only have to be produced if :

She looks further along than 27 weeks

OR

(and this is the main one)

if she has a problem...then they will want to know that you took the necessary steps before boarding...

ummm that throws us for a bit of a loop guess it is time to make a phone call. If they want to do that i guess they will be giving me some money back but we will see what they say

Thanks for shedding that light guys.

It is really annoying that every day you have to check carnivals website for policy changes.

ummm that throws us for a bit of a loop guess it is time to make a phone call. If they want to do that i guess they will be giving me some money back but we will see what they say

Thanks for shedding that light guys.

It is really annoying that every day you have to check carnivals website for policy changes.

You are already booked...right? does not effect you.

Pregnancy Policy

Let us know what you find out. I will be in my 23rd-24th week on the day we sail. But since we are already booked hopefully it won't even apply to me.

as was stated earlier and carnival seconded it if you booked before Jan 1/08 they are honoring the 27 week policy if you book after the 1st it is 24 weeks but now my wife is panicing about why they changed it. I figure it was just a COA situation, Obviously they are not overly worried as they gave some buffer period.

and also congratulations on the baby :)

as was stated earlier and carnival seconded it if you booked before Jan 1/08 they are honoring the 27 week policy if you book after the 1st it is 24 weeks but now my wife is panicing about why they changed it. I figure it was just a COA situation, Obviously they are not overly worried as they gave some buffer period.

My guess is they really just want to reduce the possibility of delivering a baby in the ship's infirmary to as close to zero as possible. Heck, even land-based hospitals fully equipped for childbirth are flying away from that business in droves thanks to liability. I don't blame the cruise lines for avoiding it at any reasonable cost.

Archived