Early or Late seating

allzi

Im looking to go on the Miracle in feb, I know what the dining times will be, but i was wondering if some one can explain the benefit of either one over the other. Also the ship itinerary puts it in St lucia on a Sunday, is there a chance many things will be closed?

thanks for any help

I had late around 8pm seating on my 1st cruise in Sep. the disadvantage for me was I had late breakfast around noontime and I ate my lunch around 4pm and I have 4 more hours before dinner so I would order room service around 6pm like a sandwhich then at dinner time I would eat again. Then I woulld after dinner like 1130pm. So I had like 5 meals a day but who really cares since you're on vacation!!

It just really depends on when you prefer to eat dinner. Some people (like me) prefer to eat around 6, and waiting around until 8 would not have been a good idea (I'd probably fall asleep with my face in the food by the end of dinner), while for others, waiting until the later dinner is no problem. I'd venture to guess that there are more families at the earlier times, but there weren't that many on my cruise, so maybe I'm totally off.

I prefer late seating now because:

1. You are not rushed to eat dinner after returning from a port excursion.

2. At 5:45pm you are still full from eating throughout the day so by the time 8pm shows up you are ready to enjoy your dinner.

3. There are less screaming kids during the later hours.

Fred

We have always gone to late dinner, 8:15 on our cruises. We usuallly take a nap in the afternoon and go to late dinner so that we can enjoy the evening without being rocked to sleep by the ship (does anyone else have that problem?) and then go to the shows. HOWEVER, on the Miracle the show times that are usually after dinner are now BEFORE dinner. Because we are such creatures of habit, we missed several of the shows because we could not remember to go at 7 instead of the usual 10:30 pm show. So you may want to keep that in mind.

We actually just got off the Miracle on Monday, the 17th and it was FANTASTIC!! 8 days to the southern caribbean. Enjoy!!!

we prefer early. 6pm is good. We eat breakfast and dinner. That's pretty much it, maybe some fruit during the day. I don't like eating late at night. And finishing dinner at 930pm is too late.

If for whatever reason we want something to eat late at night, we order room service.

Archived