Stock cruise credits limitations

wwinfl91

HI,

I own several hundred shares of Carnival stock and when I recently emailed Princess to ask them to apply the shareholder credit to a cruise I am taking in February I was told that I could not get the credit. The reason given was the following:

I am sorry to inform you the Carnival shareholder benefit is not combinable

with any other shipboard offer. Your reservation has been issued with a

$50.00 per person Onboard Booking Deposit shipboard credit offer and a

$25.00 per person Group Amenity shipboard credit offer. I suggest leaving

booking as is, for the Carnival Shareholder Benefit is a lesser amount

$100.00 total.

Now I understand that the cruise credits that my TA had gotten for me previously total $150 and the shareholder credit is $100 so I am better off with what my TA has done for me. But the original reason I got the Carnival stock was because of the $100 per 7 day cruise credit.

In looking at the documentation on the shareholder credit it does state it cannot be combined with other cruise line issued credits but mine were done by my TA not the cruise line.

Anyway I am interested if others have had this happen to them when they asked for the credit. I guess I'm also interested in people who have actually managed to get the credit.

Thanks and have a great next cruise.

My OBC for stock ownership was reduced by the $50 from my travel agent as part of a group booking, so I assumed that it actually came from the cruiseline rather than the travel agent. I emailed the representative who sent me the email and asked if it would show up on my account online but she said that it would not. Does anyone think that will be a problem?

HI,

I own several hundred shares of Carnival stock and when I recently emailed Princess to ask them to apply the shareholder credit to a cruise I am taking in February I was told that I could not get the credit. The reason given was the following:

I am sorry to inform you the Carnival shareholder benefit is not combinable

with any other shipboard offer. Your reservation has been issued with a

$50.00 per person Onboard Booking Deposit shipboard credit offer and a

$25.00 per person Group Amenity shipboard credit offer. I suggest leaving

booking as is, for the Carnival Shareholder Benefit is a lesser amount

$100.00 total.

Now I understand that the cruise credits that my TA had gotten for me previously total $150 and the shareholder credit is $100 so I am better off with what my TA has done for me. But the original reason I got the Carnival stock was because of the $100 per 7 day cruise credit.

In looking at the documentation on the shareholder credit it does state it cannot be combined with other cruise line issued credits but mine were done by my TA not the cruise line.

Anyway I am interested if others have had this happen to them when they asked for the credit. I guess I'm also interested in people who have actually managed to get the credit.

Thanks and have a great next cruise.

Both of your existing credits may have been handled by your TA but they're coming out of Carnival's pocket and that's what counts. Any shipboard credit that is paid for by the TA would not conflict with the stockholder credit.

But the original reason I got the Carnival stock was because of the $100 per 7 day cruise credit.

This is a poor reason to make an investment, especially when a little research would tell you that the 'Stock Holder' credit can not be combined with other credits. Remember also, this is not a permanent perk, it is approved every year for a year at a time. We have owned the stock for six years, and this year we are finally getting $50 worth of a possible $250. Even at that it is still quite a deal. We have some Phillip Morris, but get no free smokes. Also have Bob Evans, but no free meals. On and on.:D

Each 'division' of CCL does their own thing!

Princess previously applied the Shareholder Credit but discontinued 'combining' it with other credits a couple of years ago. But don't dispair, both Holland America and Carnival will allow you to combine Shareholder Credit with other credits...

Archived