Miami South Beach??

jacksmom09

Hi! We will be cruising on the LOS in July and will be spending 1 night in Miami pre-cruise! I had originally thought it would be best to be close to port, but my family wants to spend a night on the beach! We will be driving so I guess it really does not matter?? Can anyone suggest a nice place to stay on the beach? Of course price is somewhat of a factor, but not a really tight budget! Would like something nice! Am considering The Palms South Beach? Any advise would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Do you mean The Royal Palm? If so, yes it is a nice hotel.

What time of year are you vacationing? Peak season you'll pay $200+ per night for a moderate hotel on the beach. Off season you can find a good oceanfront on South Beach for just over $100.

The South Seas

The Marseilles

Doubletree Surfcomber

Do you mean The Royal Palm? If so, yes it is a nice hotel.

What time of year are you vacationing? Peak season you'll pay $200+ per night for a moderate hotel on the beach. Off season you can find a good oceanfront on South Beach for just over $100.

The South Seas

The Marseilles

Doubletree Surfcomber

there is a Palms hotel in Miami, I just checked and in April it is about $350 or so.

After a lot of research some we are looking at are Crescent Suites on Ocean Dr. It looked pretty good, and good reviews. The Essex has decent reviews and is reasonably priced. Another place to look at on the beach, but not South Beach is Newport Beachside Resort. It's a half an hour from port, but sounds great. Have a great time! We've stayed there twice precruise, and prices have really jumped up this year. Try hotel price finder dot com, good spot to see the prices they are being offered at.

In July the hotels will be paying you to stay. Use Hotwire or Priceline. Do your research first though. It's all here for you on this board. You've got plenty of time. Make a cancellable reservation if you must, then play with it. Loews would be my first choice.

I used Priceline today and got the Royal Palms on Collins for $135.00 for next month. Looking at their reservations online the least expensive room there is going for $269 and up in the $400's. I am sure it will be fine for one night. Hope it is within walking distance to some restaurants and bars. :D

Archived