Questions regarding Majesty of the Seas

jillmar

My husband won a 4 night criuse to be booked thru a company called Capitol Marketing/Passport to Vacations. I chose the Majesty of the Seas traveling to Nassau, Coco Cay and Key West.

I asked the travel agent with Capitol Marketing if we could request a table for just two for dinner. He told me they only have tables for 4 and above. I also asked him if I could upgrade to balcony room or suite and he said I could only upgrade to an oceanview with a large window on deck 4. He said balconys are not available on this cruise. Only on 7 night cruises.

Now, it seems a little strange to me that they don't have a table for 2 or a balcony room on this cruise. Do they leave the balcony rooms empty????? I just don't understand.

My question is, do you think I could call Royal Caribbean regarding these questions? Thanks everyone and have a wonderul Holiday!:)

My husband won a 4 night criuse to be booked thru a company called Capitol Marketing/Passport to Vacations. I chose the Majesty of the Seas traveling to Nassau, Coco Cay and Key West.

I asked the travel agent with Capitol Marketing if we could request a table for just two for dinner. He told me they only have tables for 4 and above. I also asked him if I could upgrade to balcony room or suite and he said I could only upgrade to an oceanview with a large window on deck 4. He said balconys are not available on this cruise. Only on 7 night cruises.

Now, it seems a little strange to me that they don't have a table for 2 or a balcony room on this cruise. Do they leave the balcony rooms empty????? I just don't understand.

My question is, do you think I could call Royal Caribbean regarding these questions? Thanks everyone and have a wonderul Holiday!:)

The only balcony rooms available on the Majesty are suites. However, there are other ships that run fewer than 7 nights that have standard balcony rooms. The length doesn't really have anything to do with that. The Majesty just doesn't have standard balcony rooms like the newer ships.

Can't answer the dining room question, someone else will help with that one.

For what it's worth, Majesty doesn't do 7-night cruises.

Also, if you are booking thru a TA, RCI will not speak with you directly about the reservation.

While the ship has tables for 2, they are few and far between.

For one, the Majesty has no balcony rooms, only suites with balconies. That means you have to jump 2 Categories (from inside to ocean view to suite). I don't know why you couldn't upgrade though. I could only see it if the sailing is sold out. But to check this we must know your sail date. Also, if it is a marketing company (some TA may want to correct me) and they bought blocks at a special rate they may not be able to upgrade your 'winnings'.

The 2-people dining is tough on ships like the Majesty even if you book it yourself. I think there are only very few of such tables.

But no matter what you will do. Have a great cruise. Though an older ship, which was recently renovated, the Majesty it is a fantastic ship with a great crew. When we started cruising with Royal Caribbean, after trying a couple other cruise lines, our very first RCI ship was the Majesty. We fell in love, got hooked and addicted to cruising and never looked back.

Thanks so much for the info. We are sailing on April 21, 2008. I did talk to RC and they said they had a suite available. So I emailed my TA again to see if I can upgrade. If not, its no big deal. We just love having a balcony!;)

I realize the table for 2 is just a request and not guaranteed. So, if it doesn't happen its not a problem. I just thought I would try to request it.

Thank you all for your great expertise advice!:D

For one, the Majesty has no balcony rooms, only suites with balconies. That means you have to jump 2 Categories (from inside to ocean view to suite).

Actually, it's four categories. Inside, Ocean View, Superior Ocean View, Junior Suite.

Archived