Butterfly Farm, Cab Prices

mew1

I'd also like to know about cab fare from the pier to the Butterfly Farm....Also what is admission to the farm?

Is it possible to purchase the Butterfly Farm and 7-Mile Beach Combo tour from a private vendor at the pier?...The ship charges over $50 for this combo and we are thinking there must be a better way to do it.

Thanks!

this is good site for things to do in GC

http://www.caymanislands.ky/activities/nature_tours.aspx

the shops are right across from the dock

There were all kinds of taxi tours art the dock but did not notice the pricing

You may want to check out some tours ahead of time

http://www.caymanislands.ky/transportation/taxis.aspx

Well I know the price on the butterfly farm, it is only 8 dollars, for an adult, I think 6 for kids, that is why I am looking for cab, it surely can't cost that much for the transportation.

mewl:)

I emailed the Butterfly Farm last week....Here is their reply:

You can visit the Butterfly Farm independently or through an organised trip from the cruise ship. To find details of the tours offered you can look at the cruise lines website, or ask the shore excursion dept when you are on board. There are a number of different tour combinations that you can do.

If you choose to visit independently the Butterfly Farm is located on Lawrence Blvd, opposite the cinema. It is fairly close to the cruise ship terminal where you will disembark.

To find us you can catch a local taxi which will cost approximately $12 US or alternatively you can flag down a local bus this will cost $2.50 US person.

It is a little far for walking from the cruise ship terminal.

We are open 7 days a week, 8:30am until 4pm last tour at 3:30pm. We do not sell tickets on line, so you will need to purchase them when you arrive at the farm. There is no need to schedule an appointment and you will wait no more than 10 minutes for a tour.

We have a beautiful tropical garden filled with 34 different species of butterflies from all around the world. There are ponds with Japanese fish and lots of shady places to relax. The garden is beautiful at all times of the year and is a treat for all ages.

The admission is $15 US for adults and $9 US for children. Children under the age of three and younger are our guests.

The admission includes a guided tour which lasts for about 30 minutes you can also stay in the garden as long as you like afterward taking pictures and enjoying the butterflies.

Don't forget your camera as it is one of the nicest things about being in the garden The photography is great.... Also wear bright coloured clothes, it's a big hit with the butterflies!

Great idea, sorry I didn't think of it. Even with the increase in admission, it is still way cheaper to catch a cab, won't do bus with my mom. I know I am going this route, when are you going to Cozumel, I will be on the Jewel, March 9th. Just made last payment today, yeah!! My mom is so excited, I got her a bag for her carry on and bought her travel size of things she will need. Thanks again

Mary

Sorry, mistype, we are going to both ports on the Jewel, the question should have read, are you going to the Grand Cayman's? If you have any recomendations for either place it would be great.

thanks Mary

Archived