Suites

Jesterscourt

Jestercourt:

Oh... my... goodness! You are about to enjoy an outstanding view from your cabin! We have been in 5180-81 and loved it! I have many photos in my sig below, and a link to my CruisePlanner (click on 'Reviews' for my own personal experiences) where you can find all kindsa information on the ship.

But of course after the April retrofit the 5180 through 5187 verandahs will be drastically different with the almost-complete overhang from the extended deck 6.

But of course after the April retrofit the 5180 through 5187 verandahs will be drastically different with the almost-complete overhang from the extended deck 6.

After drydock, the wake veranda suites (formerly 5180-5185, and NOT the Deluxe Veranda Suites) will be renumbered to (perhaps) 5184-5189, and will have a smaller veranda and a larger cover. These central verandas will have the same view I had... Mahvellous!

C the ZP

I believe we will be in 6177. Are the balconies partially covered and more importantly, are they private? From some of the photos I saw, it almost looked as if you could seen from above and that you would be able to look down on lower balconies. As I asked on another thread, what other(Zuiderdam) changes will they make during their dry-docking?

I think some tickets are held back for booking onboard. Afterall, especially with HAL's older demographic, not everyone is on the internet. It wouldn't be fair to let all excursions sell out in advance.

Then I think a few tickets for the most popular excursions are held back for suite passengers. For some reason, they often seem to be able to get tickets to even the most popular ones at the last minute. Probably those tickets are not put into the "pool" until the day before the excursion ... after there's already a waitlist built up for it. Then they just get distributed down the waitlist as far as they will go.

Blue skies ...

--rita

:confused: I've never heard anthing like this. Did someone on the ships tell you this info or someone from Seattle Offices? This is the first I've ever read this kind of comment on CC, as well.

Or is this just something you might think is possible? Something perhaps you would do if you were running the excursion department?

We've been told excursions were filled. We don't take many excursions but we have been shut out of them in the past..especially in Europe.

Jestercourt:

Krazy Kruizers:

We cruised with some very good friends (in 5180-81) and they booked a Dolphin Encounter through HAL online. A few days later, I was locked out because it was too close to sail time, and when we boarded and I went to the Excursion Desk, it was TOTALLY BOOKED, NO WAITLIST. If you want to do something with other people, you MUST BOOK ALL REZ AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME BILL to ensure a rez for everyone.

Have fun on my favorite ship!

C the ZP

AH -- just got back here and meant to say that there are NO spaces saved for passengers once they get on the ship.

All too often we have seen tours sold out befpre we get on the ship.

Sorry about that.:o

Archived