credit or cash

sannibop

Still me worrying about my forthcoming cruise, I have now been told that you have to put a credit card down as the don't accept cash on the oceana, I didn't want to use my card in case I overspend how can I get round this, can I not just pay cash at the beginning and or the end.

thanks

Don't worry about it if you do give your credit card you can go to the Pursers Desk each day if need be and ask for a print out of your total bill. This way you can keep an eye on what you spend.

Remember to keep your receipts and this is another way to keep tabs.

I think also you can not use your credit card but just give a cash amount upfront, not sure what this is but someone on here will tell you.

Enjoy your cruise and stop worrying.

Rex

Still me worrying about my forthcoming cruise, I have now been told that you have to put a credit card down as the don't accept cash on the oceana, I didn't want to use my card in case I overspend how can I get round this, can I not just pay cash at the beginning and or the end.

thanks

Hi again,

Yes you can deposit an amount with the reception at the start of the cruise and keep topping up as you go along. You cannot go over £150.00 in debt.

I know a number of people who do this although most will use the credit card.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

I personally would use my credit card, its no problem honestly... we keep all receipts, put under the ash tray in the cabin, and its easy to tot up if you so desire.... after all its usually just drinks onboard, and photos and shop purchases, and trips to sauna lol ! But honestly, its no problem. After the 1st week you get a invoice in your cabin so you can see how you are spending... your tours will be on this that you pre-booked as well remember, which can make it seem a lot, but you are in control at the end of the day, and you know exactly what you are spending... so if you have a bottle of wine EVERY night for 14n s @£15 a bottle don't be shocked to see it on the tab haha,

have a good one :D

Sue

P&O, as do most cruise lines, are happy to set up an arrangement that suits your preferences. P&O only want assurance that they will be paid by cruise end and will do whatever you prefer. Except on very long (round the world) cruises, no charges are processed on your card until the morning your cruise terminates.

I, for example, use a credit card at the start. Then I request a statement of account every few days to look for and dispute any bogus charges* on my account and to pay down the balance to maintain control.

On the penultimate night of the cruise everyone gets a preliminary statement under the door to provide an opportunity to settle up and/or dispute charges. I'll leave the small balance due alone and let the charge go through to my credit card to avoid the long queues at the Pursers Office.

*If a disputed charge can't be resolved immediately, I don';t pay it but advise the Purser staff that I will be disputing the charge with my credit card company if it isn't reversed on board.

Hi Sannibop,

I was on Oceana twice this year and I didn't register a credit card to my cabin account for the simple fact I don't have a credit, or debit card.

It was no problem to add things to my account and although P&O say they will only allow ou to have an account limit of £150 if paying cash that is not necessarily the case. I had, at one point, over £400 on my cabin account because I had booked a cruise and had the deposit added to my onboard account. I regularly went to the pursers desk during the holiday to check my account balance and to pay off parts of the bill.

This worked well for me and I was able to pay off and close my account the night before we left the ship so I didn't have to worry about queuing the following morning to settle my account.

Do whatever you find convenient for yourself and please stop worrying about things and start to enjoy your impending cruise.

Feebee_71:)

Archived