nighttime dining room attire - capris

cruizincrazy

I hope someone responds to this, because that is basically all I am bringing on my cruise. This seems to be a huge topic on these boards, and I know NCL is supposed to be casual, but.... I plan on wearing shoes, not flip flops, so I think I am okay. I have read that even jeans are acceptable in certain dining rooms, so I am assuming capri's will be a little dressier.. I don't like dressing up much, but I also don't want to feel out of place. I will go with the flow.

On the sun I wore capris some nights. Other nights I wore pants.

I took one long dress which luckily I didnt have to bother with (and thankfully it folds up small!)

That said, if you have the knowhow and the balls, and body to do it, capris can look fantastic with the right heels and top.

Shorts are shorts, Shorts can go to the knee, real capris should go 3/4 length down the legs.

-Q

That said, if you have the knowhow and the balls, and body to do it, capris can look fantastic with the right heels and top.

-Q

Errrr,.....I have the right , shall we say, equipment but I'm not going to wear capris anywhere.

My wife, however, does wear capris all the time in main dining and they are within the guidelines.

Errrr,.....I have the right , shall we say, equipment but I'm not going to wear capris anywhere.

My wife, however, does wear capris all the time in main dining and they are within the guidelines.

Hey women do have their own set you know. They just don't wear them on the outside;) (ok there's some who do but um.....:cool: )

-Q

WHERE ARE THESE GUIDELINES SO THAT I CAN READ THEM?

Go here http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FAQ#whatpack and read under "What should I pack". About the only real limits is shorts go to the buffet in the evening and nice jeans can dine in most but not all restaurants at night.

I wore capris every night except formal nights on RCCL on three cruises in the past two months. They are worn by many, if not most, women and are very comfortable. I have also worn capris every night on NCL ships. This is a great way to dress on vacation and I feel very mainstream dressing like this on cruise ships.

It has been a couple of years since I cruised on Princess, Celebrity and HAL but something tells me capris are not as widely worn on those cruise lines as RCCL and NCL. On Carnival, capris are also very mainstream on women.

I always wonder why people are so concerned with what OTHER people wear....

I hope no one mentions jeans on this thread....shhhhhh

Oh, now you've done it Jen, you mentioned the "j" word........ now this thread will turn as ugly as my legs.

Archived