QE2 Library Question

RMVET

It has been a while since I checked their collection, but they used to have a small selection of tapes and CDs. I do know that QM2 has only CDs, no tapes. QE2 had mostly novels--I remember an Elizabeth George on tape that was so long I started it on the eastbound TA and finished it on the westbound TA (after a 10-day 'break' in England between TAs).

For a while I traveled with a walkman and tapes of my own choosing. I now use my MP3 with downloaded books--much more compact! If you expect to do a lot of listening while you travel, do some research on MP3s and ipods, and check the internet for sources of free downloads (my public library membership gets me access to two different souces, both set up for MP3 not ipod).

Kathy

It has been a while since I checked their collection, but they used to have a small selection of tapes and CDs. I do know that QM2 has only CDs, no tapes. QE2 had mostly novels--I remember an Elizabeth George on tape that was so long I started it on the eastbound TA and finished it on the westbound TA (after a 10-day 'break' in England between TAs).

For a while I traveled with a walkman and tapes of my own choosing. I now use my MP3 with downloaded books--much more compact! If you expect to do a lot of listening while you travel, do some research on MP3s and ipods, and check the internet for sources of free downloads (my public library membership gets me access to two different souces, both set up for MP3 not ipod).

Kathy

Thanks, Kathy, for your reply. Unfortunately, I found out after buying an IPod that the library downloads aren't compatible with Ipod! Also, as I understand it, the library downloads to MP3 expire after a few weeks, and we are going to be gone for 90 days on the world cruise. Can't imagine walking the decks without a recorded book. They keep me walking longer. If the QE2 library selection is slim, I will try getting local library CDs before we leave and copying them to CDs or to my laptop. Don't want to get an MP3 player if I can avoid it. Already have far too much invested in electronics as it is.

Archived